Post Date: 07/28/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
In our agency we follow the rule of the “golden thread”, in that we view every single staff member as attached to a string of combined efforts that allows us to execute our mission. Whether a purchasing specialist or a maintenance team member, all of our operations staff are key to ensuring that our front line residential, peer, and clinical staff can offer excellent services to the most vulnerable in our community, and we take that approach in every area of operational support.
This will be an ideal role for someone who excels in project management, customer service, and creative thinking; the position includes both traditional operational supports as well as creative and unique “one off” projects across a variety of areas and disciplines, and will be well suited to someone who likes to take ownership and initiative in resolving new problems for our programs and teams. There is potential to become an integral part of agency functions, policies, and culture due to high exposure among teams, and there will be opportunities for the right individual to expand their horizons into areas as diverse as disaster management planning and affordable housing construction.
We here at Luke-Dorf have firm beliefs in our mission, our community, and a relaxed and relational team culture; we value work life balance and view our team members as people, not numbers. If you are a professional with qualities required this is an excellent opportunity to join a team that has passion for the outcomes for our clients and the success of our agency, no matter the area.
The Operations Manager provides purchasing, facilities, logistical, technical, and operational support in collaboration to teams throughout the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Project Manage capital improvement and infrastructure projects; Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, and mission focus.
• Oversee a variety of compliance issues for local programs, including business licenses, permits etc
• Work in collaboration with the Maintenance Team, Property Management, team and others around a variety of site infrastructure
• Coordinate deliveries
• Oversight and coordination of relationship with Sterling Inc and deployment of key IT systems
• Provide recommendations and asset management analysis for agency portfolio
• Review contract specifications on behalf of the company
• Keep abreast of changing industry trends
• Manage and act as point of contact for Zoom, Amazon, Trello, Enterprise, and other relevant external accounts
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
• Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
• Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
• Plan and institute policies and procedures for a variety of key operational areas
• Oversight of company vehicle fleet operations
• Oversight of insurance relationships and contracts
• Develop, hone, and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
• Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry; Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
• Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers
• Manage technological and policy systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials
• Reconcile and resolve customer and vendor accounts as necessary
• Responsible for tracking, authorizing, and ordering large and unique purchases throughout the agency as needed. Verifies purchase requisitions, available inventory, and delivery. Generates research and recommendations for staff at all levels of agency in regards to large and unique orders.
• Provides purchase planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends upon request as needed.
Education/Experience: Incumbent should have two years’ work experience in operations, project management, and purchasing. An Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, or related field is strongly preferred.
Job Knowledge: Incumbent must have a basic understanding of project management, vendor relations, purchasing, and business operations. Must be able to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Must be able to effectively use computer technology and learn new computer applications.
Technical Skills: Incumbent must be able to effectively use computer and general office technology. Must be able and willing to learn new computer applications. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
• Integrity: Work is performed honestly and ethically.
• Attention to detail: Job is performed carefully and thoroughly
• Dependability: Incumbent is reliable, responsible, and dependable; fulfills obligations.
• Initiative/Independence: Incumbent can effectively direct their own work without frequent supervision. Incumbent is willing to take on responsibility and challenge.
• Cooperation: Incumbent is pleasant and helpful to others and displays a cooperative attitude.
• Analytical thinking: Work is performed by analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
• Adaptability: Incumbent is open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.