Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
The IS Security Engineer I will have a passion for implementing and maintaining corporate security solutions along with a desire to assist in the design of effective solutions which support business strategies. This role is essential in maturing CareOregon’s security model. The successful candidate will spend substantial time supporting and implementing IS policies and systems (plan, design, install, and maintain).
Essential Position Functions
Security Design and Development
- Provide input into the design and maintain security technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
- Provide security technology knowledge to the organization, and participate in and consult on projects.
- Advise other IS teams on best practices for security design.
Security Management and Operations
- Execute tasks related to tickets and service requests for basic to moderately advanced activities.
- Actively maintain security systems, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices, and vendor provided services.
- Analyze business needs; research and recommend solutions which include potential risks.
- Build, run, and review reports on information security system performance and event anomalies; make minor internal adjustments and help identify substantial gaps based on findings.
- Develop and maintain appropriate technology documentation, including current design and operation.
- Collaborate with others to determine requirements and standards for information security.
- Participate in the ongoing review existing systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.
- Assist in developing and maintaining information securing policies.
- Integrate network engineers in the development and management of security policies and systems, such as firewalls, intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention devices.
- Assist in planning for and supporting disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives.
Complete details: CareOregon Careers