Post Date: 08/21/2020
Close Date: 09/30/2020
The Privacy Specialist II or Senior is to support corporate efforts to protect information in a fashion that strengthens the trust our members have in us, protects our brand, enhances the member experience, and is compliant with governing regulations.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
General Functions for Privacy Specialist II:
- Address privacy-related questions and provide guidance to the business, serving as privacy subject matter expert.
- Ability to consider the needs of various business partners, corporate goals and initiatives, and applicable regulatory requirements, some of which may be at odds, and identify creative solutions to ensure business needs are met in a manner that supports corporate goals and initiatives and complies with the law.
- Ability to identify when and how existing policies need to be revised either for regulatory purposes or other reasons.
- Review legal documentation for sufficiency under privacy regulations, advise the business regarding sufficiency and permissible disclosures.
- Develop recommendations regarding appropriate disciplinary sanctions, consult with HR and management to conduct employee interviews, document sanctions to demonstrate compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to work with management to address privacy trends in business area and recommend corrective action or training plan to address repeated incidents.
- Represents the Privacy Office on cross-functional internal work groups and task forces addressing wide-ranging business issues.
- Develop and present privacy-related training and tools with a view toward furthering a compliance culture.
- Investigate complex privacy incidents including developing mitigation strategies and enforcing sanctions as required.
- As an essential member of the privacy team, collaborate on a privacy risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Lead and implement assigned sections of the plan with a view toward maintaining or strengthening current levels of compliance.
- Maintain databases relating to privacy. Participate in teams and workgroups to further privacy-related goals and serve as subject matter expert for privacy.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position