Post Date: 09/16/2020
Close Date: 10/16/2020
New Relic is looking for an experienced Product PR leader to join our growing Communications team!
Reporting to the VP of Public Relations, the Director of Technology and Product Public Relations is responsible for developing, leading and executing strategic global public relations programs. This position is responsible for establishing the Chief Product Officer as a forward-thinking thought leader. It translates the company's Product strategy into a meaningful narrative, and engages with media and other influencers to deliver strategic media coverage that solidifies New Relic’s technology leadership, and overall reputation.
The role is also responsible for working closely with senior technology and product leaders on storytelling strategies and delivering their thought leadership through a variety of channels. It requires experience building messaging for highly technical audiences, as well as a deep knowledge of the software industry, a positive outlook, energy, and intellectual curiosity.
The ideal candidate is experienced in managing an external public relations agency to secure tangible results.
What You’ll Do
- Bring a deep understanding of the software development landscape to help New Relic deliver a winning product narrative to the market.
- Ensure that New Relic’s community of successful customer voices are at the heart of this narrative, and included in every communication.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with our target media influencers.
- Build and run an editorial calendar that showcases the value that New Relic delivers to customers and partners through our continuous platform innovations.
- Partner with spokespeople across the Product team, including the Chief Product Officer, to build thought-provoking points of view that advance our narrative, and increase our relevance to core audiences.
- Have a passion for technology and an ability to learn and try new things to tell the New Relic platform story.
- Deliver media and message training programs that ensure global spokespeople are well-prepared to deliver our key messages.
- Evaluate programs to ensure they are driving traffic, engagement, brand awareness, and strategic intent for customers and prospects.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position