Post Date: 07/30/2020
Close Date: 09/04/2020
The Vice President of Creative & Brand is responsible for amplifying the brand positioning, including concept and creation of all assets to support brand, product, and marketing strategies to drive all aspects of the digital experience. They will ensure a consistent Hanna voice through storytelling, imagery, and overall look and feel for the brand. They will drive the creative process in close partnership with the product and digital teams to connect with customers across all touch points to drive brand growth. This individual must be digitally savvy and highly motivated to create the strategy to inspire brand loyalty with our internal and external customers. They must be a creative thinker who is data-driven with a proven ability to build and lead a high performing team to develop and execute effective strategies. Reporting to the CEO, this role will be a key member of the executive leadership team and be a strong partner across marketing, content, and product.
• Act as our global digital brand champion and ensure we deliver a compelling and consistent brand narrative across all channels.
• Collaborate with cross functional partners to create powerful brands campaigns across audiences that align with the overall brand pillars and vision.
• Protect, grow, and enhance the brand, building authentic and long- lasting relationships with current customers and engaging a broader audience to help drive customer acquisition.
• Develop and manage consistent and dynamic brand identity, messaging and architecture across all products and platforms – this will include scalable approaches to managing voice, design, and brand pillars.
• Develop highly integrated and mutually beneficial relationships with the entire marketing team and the senior business leadership team and their departments.
• Lead the creative development of regular, program-specific, and event-specific marketing campaigns across all media, including crafting dynamic data-informed, customer-centric and insight-based content and messaging that connects with customers and strengthens their emotional link to Hanna Andersson.
• Lead and inspire a team that lives and breathes branding and positioning and works to infuse one brand voice in all marketing copy across all platforms.
• Measure campaign performance and deliver informed reports to stakeholders with support from data analytics resources.
• Play a major role in helping Hanna and the wider organization to create scalable brand management and advertising practices, both in the U.S. and Internationally.
• Help ensure that Hanna Andersson’s brand values and pillars are clear and consistent across all channels, including but not limited to product, digital, social, PR, and internal communications.
• Translate top-level marketing priorities into clear brand strategy and messages including establishing the vision for continual evolution of the Hanna’s brand awareness and perception, which will include development, design, and execution of marketing initiatives.
• Oversee and manage third party brand agencies.
• Ensure company priorities, goals and values are supported within direct and indirect team and inspire a shared vision with the creative team.
• Manage direct reports performance through quarterly goals with weekly and monthly follow up, including career development.
• Create and communicate a clear creative vision and provide ongoing creative direction and inspiration, ensuring the team and individuals are positioned for growth.
• Overcome obstacles and barriers, ensuring team achieves key goals and milestones.
• 15+ years in a creative leadership role, demonstrating success and subject matter expertise in brand strategy, brand marketing, and campaign execution.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Commercial Art or Design or equivalent job experience.
• Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
• Change agent that can influence direction and support a team to embrace new ideas.
• Collaborative partner with the ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
• Experience working with consumer brands that have global impact.
• Ability to influence, inspire, and motivate at all levels within an organization where varying opinions are the norm as well as external partner and agencies through good judgement and outstanding communication skills.
• Player/coach mindset with the ability to lead a team and get involved to the depth needed to deliver to expectations.
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro
• Strong writing acumen (i.e., storytelling, messaging, brand guidelines copy).
• Able to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced and feedback driven environment.
• Highly motivated with a strong work ethic with the ability to balance multiple projects effectively.
• Sound business judgment; strategic and data analytical capabilities.
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and adapt to a fast-moving environment to deliver to deadlines.
• Experience overseeing a team and develop them for future growth, coach staff on performance and professional development, and conduct performance appraisals, interviews, and discipline/ documentation.
• An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic Hanna Team.
• Comprehensive benefits package including dependent care/transit flex plans, adoption assistance, paid volunteer hours, and more.
• An awesome dog policy, coffee and tea, occasional Happy Hour and a generous associate discount!
At Hanna, our vision is to be the premier children’s lifestyle brand. We will achieve this primarily through our enthusiastic associates who are customer obsessed, innovative, data-driven and inspired working in a collaborative and results-driven environment. We recognize the need to integrating our work and personal lives and support our team with flexibility while meeting the needs of the business.
Hanna Andersson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for VP Creative & Brand using the link below: