Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 12/01/2020
Our Infant & Early Childhood team is seeking a Mental Health Consultant (IECMHC) to work in a collaborative project serving Albina Head Start children and their families. This position works 30 hours per week, 10 months out of the year – typically concluding every June. Due to the pandemic, this position is temporarily working remotely.
The IECMHC provides a broad range of mental health prevention services including infant/early childhood consultation, staff and parent training, and other mental health prevention and referral services to identified children and their families. The position involves the implementation of evidenced based practice models, including Early Childhood Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (EC-PBIS).
Program: Early Childhood Consultation
Education and Work Experience:
• Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field, required
• 2 years direct experience in a mental health setting providing prevention services and /or mental health therapy to children and their families
• Knowledge of the developmental needs of children birth to 5 years old
• Familiarity with Diagnostic Classifications of Mental Health and Developmental Disorders of Infancy and Early Childhood (DC 0-3), as well as DSM diagnostic categories
• Meets QMHP requirement under State of Oregon Office of Mental Health and Addiction Service’s Administrative rules
• Licensure preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Early Childhood Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (EC-PBIS).
• Experience in prevention services.
• Knowledge of professional research supporting evidenced based practice models.
• Knowledge and experience with establishing collaboration with community partners and providing mental health skills in a community context.
• Positive Behavior Supports (PBIS) training preferred, if not then commitment to become trained within 3 months.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position