Post Date: 07/22/2020
Close Date: 08/02/2020
Ecampus is seeking a Course Development and Training Specialist. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
Oregon State University Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The Course Development and Training Specialist is a full-time professional faculty member who reports to the Assistant Director of Course Development and Training (CDT) – Faculty Support and Training within OSU Ecampus. The division of Ecampus is a fast-growing entrepreneurial organization with a commitment to providing access to Oregon State University’s programs of excellence. The division includes OSU Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
The person in this position enhances the quality of online and hybrid courses and learning materials by extending the instructional design support provided to faculty in new course developments beyond the development phase into the facilitation and maintenance phase. The person in this position provides just-in-time pedagogical, course development, and technological support and consultation for faculty in developing and maintaining course materials, and in facilitating online and hybrid courses. The person in this position also manages ongoing maintenance of course sites and related systems; troubleshoots and solves problems in the (LMS) learning management system; contributes to the development and facilitation of faculty training documentation and programs; and instructs faculty members on methods to improve facilitation and maintenance of distance courses.
The Course Development and Training Specialist plays a significant role in the planning, testing and training of new learning technologies and applications that are being considered for adoption. The person in this role also conducts testing and provides documentation and training for upcoming changes to the LMS and other learning technologies.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position supports these goals directly by ensuring that courses delivered through Ecampus are designed to include Universal Design for Learning principles and to be fully accessible, and also by promoting equitable and inclusive online teaching practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, adult education, instructional technology, academic technology, curriculum design, communications, or related field; or, a bachelor’s degree in another field with two years of experience in an instructional technology, faculty support, online course development, or online educator role.
• Experience authoring in a learning management system, such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle.
• Demonstrated knowledge of developing materials using a universal design approach.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a customer-service oriented position.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral, electronic, and written modes.
• Demonstrated aptitude to solve problems with flexibility and creativity.
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Master’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field.
• Experience working in higher education, especially in developing or teaching hybrid or online courses, and/or with instructional development and support.
• Experience designing and providing training on instructional technologies or strategies.
• Demonstrable knowledge of pedagogy and learning theories, specifically as applied to hybrid and online education.
• Experience administrating a learning management system or other learning technologies.
• Demonstrable commitment to remaining informed about emerging pedagogies, learning theories, and learning technologies.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To view the posting details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/92839
Application deadline: Sunday, August 2nd, 2020
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A resume/CV; and
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position