Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
Are you excited to step into a complex world that requires a blend of mind, heart and flexibility? We at CareOregon have been strengthening communities since 1994 by making health care work for everyone. As a nonprofit health plan largely focused on Oregon’s Medicaid population, we find fulfillment in supporting the underserved.
And we’re committed to that work in various areas of our wondrous state—including Jackson County, in Southern Oregon. The region is anchored by the small city of Medford, home to our office and in easy reach of rushing rivers, the Pacific coast, Shakespearean plays, wine country, and the majesty of the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest. Please consider joining us here at Jackson Care Connect, our Coordinated Care Organization dedicated to our members’ physical, emotional and oral health. We look forward to your application!
General Statement of Duties
The Health Equity Program Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the Coordinated Care Organization’s (CCO’s) Health Equity Plan, assuring inclusion and completion of Health Equity Plan deliverables required by the CCO’s contract with the Oregon Health Plan (OHA). This position works with CCO and CareOregon leadership, in collaboration with the delivery system, community safety net providers, Community Advisory Councils (CACs), Clinical Advisory Panel and other community stakeholders, to support development, spread and sustainability of Health Equity, Inclusion and Diversity programs that will help reduce health disparities and increase equitable health access for OHP members. This position acts as primary integrator and coordinator of efforts to help promote diversity and embed a health equity perspective across all CCO operations, including centralized services provided by CareOregon departments.
Essential Position Functions:
- Develop a CCO-specific Health Equity Plan in consultation with CCO leadership, CCO Board, CACs and CAP, CareOregon content experts, state agency staff and community leaders.
- Implement, monitor, report on and provide annual updates on the CCO Health Equity Plan.
- Work across CareOregon departments to assure appropriate focus on and achievement of CCO-specific Health Equity Plan deliverables.
- Act as liaison with key stakeholders across a broad spectrum of services and social service domains, including communities of color, social safety net and/or state agencies, schools, and public health.
- Assure OHA contract requirements are included in the Health Equity Plan, including assuring inclusion of REAL+D data in the development of the plan.
- Work with CareOregon staff and department experts to identify and implement best practices in health equity, inclusion and diversity models.
- Liaise with QI and other CareOregon analysts to utilize REAL+D data to identify gaps and track disparities reduction in identified high-priority CCO populations
- Partner in developing tracking tools, dashboards and mechanisms to report achievement of annual health equity goals and targets included in the CCO Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Work with CACs to assure appropriate representation and participation in CCO health equity activities.
- Implement communication and community engagement plans for health equity, inclusion and diversity activities across CCO service area and stakeholder groups.
- Work collaboratively with CCO clinic-facing staff to include appropriate metrics for tracking interpretation services to achieve meaningful and equitable access to health services for CCO members.
- Provide programmatic and technical assistance to community and clinical partners engaged in building culturally responsiveness practices in support of the COO health equity plan.
Complete details: CareOregon Careers
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position