Post Date: 07/27/2020
Close Date: 08/17/2020
Executive Support Specialist 2 – Executive Support to the Urban Mobility Office
Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations – Urban Mobility Office
Are you skilled at juggling multiple priorities? Do you have experience providing confidential administrative support for top-level managers? Apply today to join our Urban Mobility Office as an executive support specialist in historic downtown Portland. In this role, you will support the Office Director, Office Deputy Director, Toll Program Director and the Rose Quarter Project Director.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before two years from date of hire. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. This position has the potential to become permanent.
What we need:
One year of experience performing administrative duties in support of agency projects or programs. Qualifying experience would involve data collection and analysis; project evaluation and/or analysis; interpretation and application of laws, rules, and regulations; or similar experience.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
What we’d like to see:
- Experience providing confidential administrative support and performing or coordinating office work for top-level management positions of an agency, board, commission or company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including experience composing, formatting and editing documents and emails with attention to spelling and grammar.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with a demonstrated ability to switch priorities or projects seamlessly and to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to drive issues/barriers to resolutions that provide a suitable outcome for all stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing a calendar for a manager or administrator.
Learn more and apply!
- This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, August 17, 2020.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-45454 to learn more and to apply. Please note that we can only accept application materials through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 971-273-8687 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer