Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
The Physician provides professional, comprehensive primary medical care and treatment services with emphasis on chronic illness management, prevention of disease and promotion of health for patients not best served in a clinic setting. It is expected that this role provides active, consultative, supportive assistance to non-physician providers as needed and/or directed by the Medical Director.
Essential Position Functions
- As a practicing physician, provides medical consultation and/or support to other practitioners within the organization.
- As directed by Medical Director, may supervise Physician Assistants.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic medical conditions according to scope of practice to include conducting a medical history, conducting physical exams, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, devising a course of treatment based on patient preferences and goals, discussing alternative treatment, risk and benefits of treatment, prescribing and monitoring medications, appropriate counseling of patient and reassessment of the patient at appropriate intervals
- Performs comprehensive health assessment of clients by completing a physical and psychosocial history; identifies actual and potential health needs based on medical, mental/emotional, financial, and social factors. Makes referrals to appropriate social or medical agencies and practioners.
- Develops and implements proactive patient centered care plan with the assistance of other disciplines within the care team
- Provides compassionate anticipatory guidance through decline due to chronic disease and provides high quality palliative care focused on the goals of the patient and family.
- Prescribes and dispenses medications and drugs to suitable patients; initiates and/or continues medical regimes for new patients; charts treatment records and monitors results; provides medical
- Develops and maintains relationships with lay and professional caregivers, including care facilities, to assure patient experience excellent continuity of care and orders are implemented appropriately
- Educates patients and families on goal-based, appropriate preventative care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medications and treatment.
- Performs the most difficult assignments (including management of the most complex, at risk patients), requiring a higher level of responsibility, applying advanced subject knowledge, and exercising significant independent judgment and initiative. Delivers quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity.
- Covers after hours call consultation.