Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 12/01/2020
Our Group Home program has an exciting opportunity for someone interested in a career in the education field. We’re seeking a bilingual Education Assistant to provide support for students. The Education Assistant in conjunction with Portland Public Schools will facilitate some educational activities and outings. They will collaborate with teachers to provide educational support, translation services (Spanish and English), and behavioral management in educational setting and after school in our residential facility. Education Assistants act as a liaison between the school faculty and the Group Home program. They will manage a case load of approximately 10 students and are charged with administrative tasks relating to maintaining, tracking, updating and uploading required documentation pertaining to educational matters.
Must be comfortable working in a highly regulated environment, strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize are required skills for this role. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills in English and Spanish and be driven to teach and mentor youth. Education Assistants at Group Home are committed to helping students gain self-confidence and become comfortable attending public high school, and willing to teach youth how to navigate educational resources and help guide them to academic success.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Attend Teacher Parent conferences, and any other meetings with teachers and school faculty to discuss academic support and address concerns
• Communicate effectively in person, via email or phone with a variety of people including program staff and Portland Public School faculty
• Upload required education documents, such as progress reports, schedules, report cards, academic notes, etc; Initial Education Assessment to be completed within 72 hours
• Monitor grades, assignments, and academic progress. Create individual educational plans/ tutoring according to students’ academic standing.
• Advocate for students and their individual needs based on education background and education goals; determine the need for remedial education and provide recommendations for after school tutoring as appropriate.
• Provide tutoring and create educational curriculum identified by the students’ needs, abilities, and level of educational competency. Deliver educational services in a programmed, structured classroom setting for six (6) hours per day that follows the school calendar for the academic school year calendars and summer school calendar developed by Morrison.
Schedule: Tuesday to Friday from 8am-6:30pm, 4- day work week! 3 days off including weekends!
Currently, Morrison is monitoring the needs of its residential programs and how to maintain social distancing and best practices during this pandemic. Staff are working from home and coming into the office during this time. The position will work from home 1-2 day per week and 2-3 days in our residential facility
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position