Post Date: 07/08/2020
Close Date: 08/07/2020
The Portland Business Alliance is seeking a collaborative and engaging marketing & communications professional who is committed to community and excited to promote the heart of downtown Portland. This new position will direct the Downtown Marketing Initiative, creating marketing and PR campaigns that promote and encourage ways to enjoy our city’s center.
To apply: submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
POSITION: Director, Downtown Marketing
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Strategic Communications
CLASSIFICATION: Nonexempt, Full-time
The Portland Business Alliance (“Alliance”) serves as greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to create opportunity and advance well-being for all who live and work in the greater Portland and SW Washington region. Our vision is a healthy and resilient business ecosystem. We support access, opportunity, and advancement for all people. We recognize unfair bias and historic discrimination, and work to eliminate barriers. We embrace connectivity and work together respectfully to drive solutions. We meet setbacks with openness to listening, learning and adaptation. We give the honest answer. We do what we say we will. We are accessible, active, and visible to the community.
The Director, Downtown Marketing will lead the implementation and activation of the Downtown Marketing Initiative with the City of Portland and affiliate partners Downtown Portland Clean and Safe (DPC&S). This role is essential in developing and managing seasonal marketing campaigns designed to promote downtown attractions, businesses, amenities, events, experiences as well as parking garages and parking validation within the City of Portland’s designated market area.
• Develop and implement integrated marketing and communications plans designed to promote downtown Portland for seasonal campaigns including: Fall Marketing Campaign; Holiday Promotional Campaign; Winter Marketing Campaign and Spring Marketing Campaign.
• Actively engage all downtown retail interests, program managers, Downtown Retail Council and other stakeholders in promotional efforts and cooperative marketing endeavors.
• Serve as marketing liaison to City of Portland staff on how best to promote parking services within the downtown marketing plan to ensure coordinated public messages to the visitors in the downtown area.
• Collaborate with internal, external, and regional partners to enhance existing promotional efforts to increase exposure and leverage resources for consumer interest in downtown Portland.
• Actively seek earned media opportunities to highlight and promote commerce and community for downtown Portland.
• Write, create, and manage dynamic and engaging content for Downtown Portland paid and owned media including website, social media, and others.
• Track and maintain successful performance measures on media placements; digital initiatives; social media followers; post-holiday retail survey; semi-annual pedestrian counts and retail performance.
• Coordinate and manage projects with third-party contractors including graphic design, video production and others as needed on related campaigns.
• Adhere to all established office policies and procedures.
• Complete assigned activities, projects, or promotions on time and on budget.
• Provide support for and attend special events organized or sponsored by the Alliance and affiliate partners Downtown Portland Clean & Safe as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and electronic mediums
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, time-management and planning skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and people with short and long-term deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or specific related experience
• Minimum three to five years of professional experience in a marketing, communications, journalism, and/or public relations
• Creative and conceptual professional who is also an organized self-starter with the ability to multi-task on a wide variety of issues and projects
• Must possess the ability to work well with a team, yet function independently
• Possess an entrepreneurial, strategic, energetic, and proactive demeanor while functioning in independent situations
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
In addition to office hours, this position may require work outside of the normal office atmosphere on a limited and seasonal basis when needed, including during the implementation and set-up for holiday promotions, events, and other projects as needed.
Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF Version: PDF descrption available