Post Date: 07/29/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
Title National Program Director
Location Portland, OR
Reporting to Executive Director
PERIOD. is a youth-fueled global nonprofit that strives to fight period poverty and promote menstrual equity
through advocacy, education, and service—through the global distribution of menstrual products, advocacy to
promote menstrual equity in policy, and the engagement of youth leadership through a global network of campus
chapters and partner organizations. PERIOD is currently undergoing changes to programming, renewing dedication to amplifying the voices of activists who have been underrepresented in the menstrual justice movement.
The Programs Director contributes to accomplishing strategic objectives through managing work flow for all service,
partner and chapter program development, takes a strong lead in new and innovative program design and
executive, and manages program evaluation and scope management. As a strategic priority for 2020, this staff
member will help lead a deep analysis of our current programs and chapter structure to ensure PERIOD is creating
and maintaining impact with communities most experiencing period poverty. The Program Director achieves
operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing
and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
resolving problems; determining system improvements and proposing changes for improving efficiency and
effectiveness of the organization. They will manage all logistics, timelines, and field inquiries given to them from
team members. They will also be the primary support member for the organization's service and chapter activities
within Portland, Oregon and nationally. The Program Director enhances department and organization reputation by
accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job
accomplishments. During their time working with our organization, the Programs Director will also play a lead role in
growing and expanding outreach and activation with our policy program, direct supply service and chapter and
This is a senior role in the organization. The National Program Director will act as a thought and strategy partner to
the Executive Director and be a trusted member of our small, loyal and hardworking team.
● Manage a small but mighty programmatic staff
● Direct, execute and maintain current and new programs, including the global supply of menstrual
products to period partners and management of hundreds of PERIOD chapters around the nation and
● Envision new ways to engage and communicate with chapters and organizations working in the
menstrual advocacy space
● Assist Operations, Advocacy and Development departments in formulating, organizing and
monitoring for inter-connected projects
● Assist Event Leads (full logistical capacity for a program event)
● Coordinate cross-project activities, especially with social media campaigns and events.
● Manage all event budgets and special program budgets.
● Engage in development work as appropriate
● Manage cost-effective distribution of menstrual supplies
● Manage the delivery of Inventory and chapter reports
● Attend all Portland program events
● "On-Call" for distribution, event and partnership inquiries.
As a Member of PERIOD Senior Staff,
● Maintain all communication between program team members.
● Organize and lead program meetings, keeping an eye toward efficiency.
● Work with the Executive Director to delegate tasks and check-in regularly with members.
1801 NW UPSHUR STREET SUITE. 565
PORTLAND, OR 97209 E: INFO@PERIOD.ORG
PERIOD. PROGRAM DIRECTOR
● With other senior staff, assist Executive Director with communication, execution and strategic
● 7-10+ Years Experience in Nonprofit Program design and execution
● Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
● Willingness to ask questions about current structure and programs with a eye towards change and new
modeling, if needed
● Strong mentoring, coaching experience working with employees with diverse levels of experience
● Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
● Experience in program evaluation, metric and deliverable design
● Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact
both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
● Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with
senior management, PERIOD.’s board of directors, and staff
● Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
● Ability to use Squarespace, Salesforce and QuickBooks is a plus.
Please send resumes and cover letter to email@example.com