Post Date: 07/22/2020
Close Date: 08/16/2020
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The Division of OSU Ecampus is seeking two Instructional Design Specialists. These are full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed term professional faculty positions. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Assistant Director of Course Development and Training (CDT) – Instructional Design.
The Instructional Design Specialist is a professional faculty member who reports to the Assistant Director of CDT – Instructional Design, within the Division of OSU Ecampus. OSU Ecampus is an innovative and creative organization with a commitment to providing nationally ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high-quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
The person in this position provides knowledge and creativity in enhancing the development and design of hybrid and online courses; hands-on, full-service instructional design support for faculty developing hybrid and online courses, as well as open educational resources; consulting support to maintain a future-oriented vision for development; and develops and facilitates trainings for faculty related to hybrid and online course design and facilitation.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position supports these goals directly by ensuring that courses delivered through Ecampus are designed to include Universal Design for Learning principles and meet current WCAG AA standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field; OR a bachelor’s degree in another field with three years of online or hybrid course development or teaching experience at the college or university level.
• Strong understanding of pedagogy and learning theories.
• Strong understanding of Universal Design approaches with the ability to design and apply in course development.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Experience interacting with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a customer-service oriented position. Demonstrated aptitude to solve problems with flexibility and creativity. Outstanding interpersonal, oral, electronic, and written presentation skills.
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Master’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field.
• Significant experience in hybrid or online course development or in instructional design or in faculty support.
• Experience authoring in Canvas learning management system.
• Demonstrable commitment to remaining informed about emerging pedagogies and learning theories.
• Experience working in higher education, especially in developing or teaching hybrid or online courses, and/or with instructional development and support.
• Familiarity with multimedia, Web 2.0 tools, social learning tools, and web design technology.
• Education, experience, or expertise in STEM fields.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more details and to apply go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/93098. Application deadline: August 16th, 2020
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A resume/CV; and
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/93098