Post Date: 07/18/2020
Close Date: 08/03/2020
Who We Are:
Oregon Food Bank (OFB) believes that no one should be hungry. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and its root causes.
At Oregon Food Bank, we believe that food and health are basic human rights for all. We know that hunger is not just an individual experience; it is also a community-wide symptom of barriers to employment, education, housing and health care. That’s why we work on two fronts in our mission to end hunger in Oregon: we build community connections to help people access nutritious, affordable food today, and we build community power to eliminate the root causes of hunger for good.
Oregon Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our organization. Over and above our commitment to non-discrimination, OFB actively seeks to employ members of the community who have experienced poverty or food insecurity and members of historically marginalized groups including racial and ethnic minorities. Please visit our website to read more about our commitment to equity.
Who We Are Looking For:
You care deeply about our community, about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of all that you do. You are committed to and skilled in using equity as a process and an outcome of your work to disrupt systemic social patterns that promote hunger. You have a strong affinity with OFB’s 10 Year Vision and are profoundly excited to achieve this vision for and with our community.
Reporting to and co-managed by the Development Operations Manager and Prospect Development & Technical Services Manager, the Development Operations Assistant will join a growing Development Department of 27 dedicated, collaborative, values-driven, and effective philanthropic development professionals who are passionate about resourcing an end to hunger and hunger’s root causes. Together we raise more than $16MM annually for Oregon Food Bank’s mission and vision - to ensure wellness and justice for our community. We innovate, risk, learn and refine as core practices. We value relationships and aspire to shape Oregon Food Bank into a civic engagement home for donors. We believe philanthropy should be accessible to all facets of our community and, in how we work, we reclaim philanthropy’s true meaning - a love for humankind and any voluntary action for the common good. We vanguard practices and policies that reflect philanthropy’s potential as a more just institution. And we design resource and relationship development programs rooted in equity.
● Process donations into Raiser’s Edge donor database with a high level of accuracy. Includes entering gift information and creating new records.
● Enter and update donor records in Raiser’s Edge through accurate recording of relevant donor information.
● Process incoming donations, ensuring that required documentation package is complete and accurate in preparing the in-house gift packet and Large Gift Email.
● Support and help track prospect management activities through Raiser’s Edge as needed, including actions, proposals, portfolio assignments and prospect ratings.
● Review local and national news and business publications to alert relationship managers of new developments and report it into Raiser’s Edge.
● Other tasks and duties may be assigned from time to time.
● In consultation and coordination with your supervisors, actively contribute to cross-departmental efforts.
● In consultation and coordination with your supervisors, plan and engage in professional development activities that strengthen your capacity for your specific role as well as your capacity to actively contribute and advance organizational goals, our vision and our mission.
● Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experiences of the Ideal Candidate:
● Attention to detail.
● Experience with a customer relations management (CRM) database system; experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
● Experience with Microsoft Windows, Office (Word, Excel) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, etc).
● Ability to balance multiple projects, priorities, and interruptions while maintaining focus to produce accurate results within deadlines.
● Ability to work well independently and as a team.
● Experience in modeling intercultural competence and demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and social justice work.
● Passionate about ending hunger and its root causes.
● A commitment to working effectively in an environment that values and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstances.
If you do not meet all the preferred qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
● Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficiency in a language other than English, bi-lingual and bi-cultural skills strongly preferred.
● Commitment to continued professional development to strengthen capacity to work through an equity lens for social justice.
● Experience working for a food bank or non-profit.
● Personal living/lived experience of systemic inequity/oppression or food insecurity.
Work is performed in an office environment while sitting at a computer screen for extended periods. Periodically walk throughout the facility (warehouse and office) to communicate with staff and check on the status of projects. May lift, move and carry objects from 20 to 40 pounds, such as boxes containing office and other supplies. Crouching, bending, kneeling and reaching when filing. May occasionally work outside normal working hours.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH THE OREGON FOOD BANK WEBSITE.
Complete details: ABOUT US Oregon Food Bank (OFB) believes that no one should be hungry. Our mission is to eliminate hunger and its root causes. At Oregon Food Bank, we believe that food and health are basic human rights for all. We know that hunger is not just an i