Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 12/01/2020
Morrison has an opportunity for a seasoned bilingual education professional! We’re seeking a Education Services Supervisor who will be responsible for development and coordination of the academic programming and ensuring the completion and documentation of state and ORR assessment standards. The position also serves as teacher providing the Flores required education services and supporting the program’s behavioral model. The position is responsible for providing supervision of education staff. This positions will work in a residential facility in Portland, Oregon.
We’re committed to providing quality services in a culturally competent manner. Due to program needs, the ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish and English) to ensure effective communication with youth in our care.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Supervise Teacher (s) and Education Assistants
• Provide academic curriculum consistent with the students’ academic development, literacy and linguistic ability. Curriculum development includes varying levels of English, Math and Science including English language training.
• Plan educational services in a programmed, structured classroom setting for six (6) hours per day that follows the school calendar for the academic school year calendars and summer school calendar developed by Morrison.
• Participate in developing and maintaining an educational program which meets ORR standards.
• Maintain records as required by State or ORR for classroom documentation.
• Plan and arrange field trips.
• Develop professional relationships with community resources to acquire curriculum materials to enhance the learning experience for students.
• In collaboration with the Teacher and Education Assistants, develops written weekly lesson plans, meeting individual student’s needs, provides applied learning activities that are active, student directed, project based and integrated.
About the Program:
PASO: Is a 16- bed residential facility for adolescent males. The program maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position