Post Date: 07/30/2020
Close Date: 08/22/2020
The Executive Director at Project Access NOW (PANOW) works closely and collaboratively with the board of directors and executive staff to set the strategic direction of PANOW and manages the organization in accordance with our strategic plan. Our Executive Director understands the vital role of PANOW as a strategic partner of hospitals, coordinated care organizations and community-based organizations. The Executive Director empowers staff as an equitable leader that builds trust, accesses our collective wisdom and builds cohesive teams.
Project Access NOW is dedicated to the implementation and actualization of diversity, equity and inclusion in our continued growth as a community health organization. We understand the need for representation, engagement and operational practices that empower and engage our staff and community to be against discrimination and anti-racist. We take our role in the community seriously and are dedicated to learning all we can learn, implementing all we are able and engaging as a partner and ally to all those in need. Our next Executive Director will be the lead change-agent in our growth and development as an equitable and anti-racist community health organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Business Development
• With the Board and executive staff, develop ambitious and achievable short, mid and long-term goals and strategies.
• Be responsive to and serve both our health system partners and community benefit organizations in service to our clients.
• Continuously assess and manage risks, threats and challenges to business development.
• Serve as a business/financial leader that holds the perspective of both mission and Return on Investment.
• Develop and implement a budget that is realistic and reflective of the priorities of the organization.
• Develop and implement revenue plans that are ambitious yet realistic and include a blend of diverse sources of revenue.
• Implement process and outcome evaluations and quality assessments for programs ensuring that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access (DEIA) metrics are included and measured.
• Ensure all PANOW programs align with the organizational mission and vision, are of the highest quality, and are built on research and best practices.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the Programs Team.
• Center equitable leadership and staff engagement in fulfilling PANOW’s mission.
• Maintain a collaborative and transparent decision-making process that puts community and client needs first.
• Develop a cohesive executive team that achieves high functioning operations and programming.
• Maintain a collaborative decision-making process balancing community, client and health system perspectives.
• Communicate to health system partners on success of services that meet the needs of our clients.
• Act as a community health leader focused on engaging with the full diversity of our community, including:
o Hearing the voices of community stakeholders.
o Learning continuously from clients, community, staff and thought-leaders.
o Demonstrating respect for the community we serve.
Board of Directors:
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan that is informed by input from staff, community, and partners.
• Lead the board in developing a systems approach to diversity, equity and inclusion with the board, staff and community.
• Keep the board apprised of the operations, financial condition and ongoing needs of the organization as it relates to programmatic work and the strategic plan.
• Knowledge of, or experience in, providing service to underserved communities
• Background working with health systems and/or community benefit organizations in the Portland metro area
• 7 or more years experience (preferred) in non-profit management including strategic planning, business development, financial management.
• Experience with implementation and engagement of diversity, equity and inclusion practices
• Bilingual and multicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
• BS/BA degree
• The current office space has no ADA access and it is necessary to be able to climb stairs
• The ED will be supported by a full-time executive assistant
HOW TO APPLY:
Nonprofit Professionals Now is proud to be working with Project Access NOW on this key leadership position. All applications will be fully reviewed and considered.
Complete application information including full job-description and application requirements can be found at: https://npprofessionals.com/career-center/view-listing/open/1413
Application deadline: August 22, 2020