Post Date: 07/09/2020
Close Date: 08/05/2020
Position Title: Transportation Engineer II
Deadline to apply: August 5, 2020
Salary: $83,283.20 - $111,612.80 annually
Do you want to play a part in shaping the future of the Portland region by guiding regionally significant transportation investments? Your next great planning project may be engineering your career move to Metro!
Metro has ambitious plans to support the greater Portland region as it grows by helping our communities gain improved access to multimodal transportation across our region. At Metro we influence transportation policy, provide funds for worthy projects, work with partners to ensure local projects achieve regional goals and lead planning for complex multi-jurisdictional transportation projects. Engineering expertise allows us to provide the most useful guidance and advice to our implementing partners.
The Transportation Engineer II supports department wide needs to perform advanced level engineering and planning for roads, transit and walking and bicycling facilities. The person in this role will play a lead role in guiding and advising work on regional transportation projects led by Metro and local partners.
Our projects support compact, transit-oriented development (TOD), facilitate multijurisdictional planning processes to evaluate high capacity transit and other transportation improvements, and integrate freight and active transportation projects into multimodal corridors.
The person in this role will improve Metro's ability to collaborate with local partners to deliver transportation projects within budget and time constraints by providing transportation engineering expertise and creative approaches to problem solving. A typical day is likely to include reviewing technical work, participating in meetings with internal and external team members and working together to develop solutions. As such, we're seeking:
- A project leader who can provide expert advice and support on regionally significant transportation projects with broad public impact while developing and managing scopes, schedules and budgets;
- a technical expert with ability to apply an in-depth knowledge of transportation engineering theory, principles and practices, regulations, design and methodologies to support implementation of transportation projects;
- a collaborative, team player who will build relationships, trust and credibility through interactions with internal and external stakeholders;
- a dedicated professional who has the desire to serve all of our diverse communities achieve the region's transportation goals, including increasing multimodal access for all communities, improving safety for all users and supporting the regional economy; and
- a creative, strategic thinker and problem solver who can convey technical information to a variety of audiences, work effectively in a political environment, and effectively present policy choices as part of a team to decision makers. Does this sound like you?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four years of experience in Engineering with emphasis on regional planning which includes two years of experience completing transportation projects as a functioning lead, senior or project manager AND
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, engineering course work in transportation; OR
- Any combination of experience and education which provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the job; AND
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in the State of Oregon or ability to obtain within six months.
1) Electronic application, 2) answer to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
PDF Version: PDF descrption available