Post Date: 07/22/2020
Close Date: 08/05/2020
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, administrative/exempt, Executive Assistant.
Clark College values social justice, partnerships, innovation, sustainability, continuous improvement, and shared governance. We serve a diverse population of students and seek to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all who come here to work and learn. To be effective in this role, the Executive Assistant must be culturally aware and equity- minded as they engage with the internal and external communities on behalf of the Board and the Office of the President.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide day-to-day management of the President’s executive calendar, determining the priority and adjustment of meeting requests.
• Handle complex scheduling requests including multiple attendees, room reservations, catering, visitor parking, technology set-up, and communications.
• Proactively seek background materials in advance of meetings to ensure the President’s preparedness.
• Research and assist with drafting presentations, itineraries, agendas, reports and various confidential correspondence.
• Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees.
• Initiate and coordinate meeting agendas and materials for the Executive Cabinet and Board of Trustees meetings. Attend Executive Cabinet and Board of Trustees meetings and provide accurate minutes of those meetings.
• Facilitate efficient and effective official travel by making travel arrangements and preparing detailed itineraries and documentation for President and Board of Trustees.
• Act as a liaison for the President with the College community, SBCTC, the Office of the Attorney General, other state agencies, businesses, educational organizations, local school districts, and other colleges and universities and members of the public.
• Assist the President to develop and coordinate special events hosted by the College such as legislative visits, visiting dignitary functions, meetings of off-campus groups, etc.
• Anticipate and project issues before they arise and proactively enact solutions.
• Identify documents requiring immediate attention and/or forward requests to appropriate staff or other departments.
• Supervise Administrative Secretary in accordance with College policies and procedures.
• Manage President’s Office and Board of Trustees budgets in collaboration with the Administrative Secretary.
• Work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Serve as member of designated College committees, councils, and teams.
• Limited local and state travel for meetings, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
• Five years of administrative assistant experience providing support to executive level management.
• Experience recording minutes.
• Proficiency with software such as: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Zoom, Webex.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Adept at multitasking.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with diverse groups at all levels of the organization, as well as internal and external constituents, and the public.
Salary Statement: $63,806 annually
Benefits include vacation/ sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
• Current résumé
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., August 5, 2020.
Condition of employment:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 21, 2020
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php