Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 12/01/2020
Seeking Milieu Counselors to work the overnight shift in a youth (11-16 years) residential facility. The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site. Milieu Counselors guide youth, by teaching them vocational and daily living skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides supervision and support for youth in a milieu setting.
• Employs interventions that are consistent with best practices, the therapeutic models delivered by the program, ethical principles, and professional standards, regulations, policies, and procedures, and laws.
• Models appropriate interpersonal interactions while handling the activities and situations in the milieu space.
• Uses structure, routines, and activities to promote effective relationships.
• Completes clinical critical incident reports as required
• Creates a welcoming environment by maintaining the aesthetics of the milieu and helping keep it clean; reports any issues to appropriate staff
Schedule: Overnight Shift 10:30pm – 7:00am / Tuesday through Saturday
A $0.50 /hour pay differential will be applied for hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am; for staff who work a minimum of 4 hours of the overnight shift
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position