Post Date: 09/16/2020
Close Date: 10/16/2020
Oregon Primary Care Association (OPCA) is a nonprofit membership association for all of Oregon’s community health centers (CHCs), also known as federally qualified health centers (FQHCs). Our mission is to lead the transformation of primary care to achieve health equity for all.
OPCA promotes anti-racism and inclusion in our workplace by engaging with diverse communities and making space for candidates of color in our hiring practices. We celebrate both individual contributions and powerful teamwork. We thrive on innovation and collaboration. We support one another as healthy human beings who balance work with the rest of life. Join our team as we lead the community health center movement with passion, vision and courage.
What We Need:
OPCA seeks an administrative professional who ensures the efficient day-to-day functioning of OPCA’s office and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the organization’s information systems. This position reports to the Finance and Operations Senior Director. As part of the Operations Team, the Office Administrator carries out and maintains internal system functionalities including organizational goal accomplishment, office-wide information systems, internal operations projects, and overall office management.
This is a confidential position that works closely with the entire OPCA staff to create an efficient organization and organizational culture that is aligned with OPCA’s values.
Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity.
Who You Are:
A collaborative individual with strong attention to detail. You are deadline-driven and possess an ability to anticipate needs and manage your time effectively. You balance excellent customer service with strong problem-solving skills, proactively seeking solutions as needed. You love to work independently, but understand when it is appropriate to ask for guidance. You are self-motivated and reliable - the “go to” person for any office needs.
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to work independently, but understand when to appropriately ask for guidance and/or approval to move forward.
- Proven ability to manage your projects and prioritize your tasks.
- A strong sense of urgency balanced with attention to detail.
- The gift of excellent soft skills, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels through effective communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in internal and external customer service.
- Established problem-solving skills, identifying issues and proposing resolutions, and seeking guidance when needed.
- Understanding of the need for maintaining confidentialities, and using diplomacy and sensitivity as needed.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Office, Office 365, MS Teams, and SharePoint.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, both informal and formal communications, including listening, speaking, and writing.
- Ability to work in a professional yet fun team environment by demonstrating respect for different styles and personalities, and enthusiasm for collaboration, communication, and celebration.
- Commitment to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity.
Ensure the efficient day-to-day functioning of OPCA’s office and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the organization’s information systems:
- Answer multi-line phones, greet visitors, open and distribute mail, process office invoices.
- Process Accounts Payable (AP) checks for approval, signature, disbursement, and mailing.
- Manage and prepare bank deposits and make weekly bank trips to deliver deposits.
- Serve as primary coordinator for all shared systems, including shared contacts, distribution lists, cloud-based platforms, and all related written administrative procedures.
- Manage procurement and inventory of equipment, furniture, office supplies, and business cards and stationery.
- Maintaining the appearance and functionality of the office space
- Setting up new hires with workspace, laptops, and phones
- Managing the telephone and voicemail systems, and overseeing maintenance for copier, projectors, and conference room equipment
- Ensuring office-wide maintenance, improvements, and space planning, as well as inspections and back-up systems
- Facilitating weekly virtual staff check-in meetings
- Partnering with OPCA staff and members of the Senior Leadership Team to plan for and facilitate monthly all staff meetings
- Providing logistical support for internal staff meetings and retreats, including scheduling, minute-taking, venue selection, coordinating meals and snacks, creating handouts or packets, and other tasks as requested
- Scheduling both internal and external meetings note taking, sending out agendas, action items and notes, creating spreadsheets, surveys and other documents, posting information to the organization’s website.
- Work with Operations Sr. Manager to administer cloud-based information systems such as Adobe, GoToMeeting, VoIP, and Zoom.
- Support the Human Resources Manager with processing and reconciling benefit carrier invoices and reports, as well as administering the performance evaluation platform
- Manage digital and physical records, including filing and scanning of documents, and updating databases, ensuring the confidentiality of privileged information both internally and externally
- Work with OPCA employees and contractors to support OPCA’s website: support structural hierarchy, maintain member contacts & jobs postings, and update internal operations webpages.
- Generally, requires an Associates or Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years' experience or equivalent education.
- Must be bondable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Office Management experience
- Experience managing administrative portals for cloud-based platforms such as Adobe, Amazon Business, GoToMeeting, VoIP, and Zoom.
- Proficiency with MS Office, O365, MS Teams and SharePoint
- Experience with website CMS (specifically Joomla), CRM and project management platforms
- Understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations (OPCA is not yet a HIPAA environment)
$39,000 - $45,000 commensurate with experience
What Else You Should Know:
To view the full job description and to apply, please visit https://www.orpca.org/jobs/jobs-at-opca.
In order to be considered, you must include the following in your cover letter:
- What is your preferred project management software and why?
- What unique or diverse perspectives might you add to a new team or organization?
- Where you saw this posting.
Do you know someone amazing you would want to work with? OPCA is also searching for the following positions:
- Operations Sr. Manager
- Healthcare Workforce Program Manager (also known as CHC Sustainability Manager)
Due to the pandemic, OPCA’s office is closed and we are working remotely. We expect to conduct interviews and onboarding remotely until the office re-opens. Please note that new hires may be asked to briefly meet at our office in order to receive equipment, such as laptops, that will support remote work during the COVID-19 closure.