Post Date: 08/31/2020
Close Date: 09/28/2020
The Water Resource Recovery Operations and Services Department is currently seeking a Principal Engineer - Electrical. This position plans, designs, coordinates, and manages electrical capital expansion and renewal/replacement projects for water resources recovery facilities and pump stations. Oversees the coordination of work with government agencies and stakeholders, including contractors, vendors, consultants, and other Clean Water Services departments and divisions. Ensures the District remains compliant with current and future regulatory requirements, while minimizing interruptions to the operations and maintenance of the water resources recovery facilities and pump stations.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion.
Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Manages and develops the electrical capital expansion and renewal/replacement program for the water resources recovery facilities and pump stations. Prepares the District’s annual electrical capital improvement and operating budget. Develops short- and long-term financial and capital expansion and renewal/replacement project plans.
2. Plans, coordinates, implements, and manages the electrical capital expansion and renewal/replacement projects at the District’s water resources recovery facilities and pump stations. Serves as a technical resource and provides support to electricians, instrumentation technicians, and automation and controls staff. Manages the consultants and contractors on multiple electrical capital and replacement projects.
3. Provides complex design for 15kV, 4160V, 600V and below power distribution, switchgear, motor control centers, VFDs, active harmonic filters, standby generators and automatic transfer
controllers, and lighting projects. Develop and maintain District standard electrical design and construction plans and specifications.
4. Provides guidance in troubleshooting on complex electrical problems as needed. Investigates electrical equipment failures as necessary to determine root cause and recommends appropriate solutions to reduce recurrence of or eliminate the cause of failure.
5. Provide regulatory interpretations in light of technical, codes, regulatory, and contractual requirements. Approves changes to design and construction contract provisions including exemptions and variations to District design and construction standards or other ordinances, design amendments, changes to scope of work, extensions/accelerations of schedules, and changes in methodology, equipment, or control processes.
6. Serves as the Engineer of Record providing licensed certification for proper technical design of various electrical projects. Participates actively in safety programs, promotes safety rules, and good housekeeping methods.
7. Oversees the coordination of work with stakeholders, government agencies, District staff, vendors, contractors, and consultants. Establishes positive working relationships with all stakeholders and other jurisdictions.
8. Oversees, organizes, assigns, and reviews staff’s work. Develops performance standards. Prepares performance evaluations. Provides coaching and prepares development plans. Assures
compliance with District safety practices and procedures.
9. Participates in the development and implementation of District-wide goals and measures, and the energy efficiency program. Attends and participates in professional group meetings and stays abreast of new trends and innovations with electrical in water resources recovery facilities and pump stations.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position