Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
General Statement of Duties
The IS Application Systems Administrator II is responsible for implementing and maintaining corporate applications, as well as influencing and recommending selection of effective application solutions in support of business strategies. This role is essential in executing and maturing CareOregon’s applications system support model. This position spends substantial time evaluating, architecting, implementing, and administering IS policies and systems (plan, design, install, and maintain).
Essential Position Functions
Application Systems Design
- Actively participate in the design and maintenance of highly reliable server-side applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft environment, enterprise applications, custom built applications, data backup systems and cloud services.
- Provide advanced knowledge of application systems software /hardware technology to the company, and participate in and consult on projects.
- Advise other IS teams on best practices for application/processes design.
- Participate in the maintenance of the enterprise application portfolio and inventory.
Application Systems Administration and Operations
- Execute tasks related to tickets and service requests for basic to advanced server-side activities.
- Actively maintain application and server software, such as updates and upgrades.
- Analyze business needs; research and recommend solutions which include potential risks and mitigation.
- Actively configure and customize application systems.
- Help define, as well as run and review reports on applications performance and event anomalies; make minor and advanced internal adjustments and identify substantial gaps based on findings.
- Develop and maintain appropriate applications documentation, including current design and operation.
- Monitor and ensure quality of data transmissions.
- Actively configure user account access to applications as needed.
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
Standards and Policy Administration
- Propose requirements and standards for application selection and deployment.
- Participate in the ongoing review of existing applications systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.
- Participate in developing and maintaining support policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and management of application/database security policies and systems, such as web applications and SQL server security.
- Assist with the development and management of file exchange policies and systems, such as FTP.
- Participate in planning for and supporting disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives.
Complete details: CareOregon Careers