Post Date: 08/27/2020
Close Date: 09/30/2020
Consumer Loan Underwriter
If you’re tired of working for a large bank, consider joining our Credit Union team. Consolidated Community Credit Union is a full-service financial institution that has been servicing Portland for over sixty years. If you are a career-oriented individual who has the energy, drive and commitment to contribute to our exciting team, we have a position for you. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working with people and can educate our members on our products and services, handle problem solving, give attention to detail, has the ability to make decisions, and can provide our members with a high level of customer service.
Not only will you be part of an energetic and driven team, you’ll also receive an excellent compensation package, including:
- 401k with excellent matching and profit-sharing benefits
- Medical coverage
- Life and disability coverage
- Flex plan
- Paid holidays/vacation
To process and underwrite consumer loans according to the credit union’s guidelines, policies, procedures, goals, objectives and mission statement.
What you’d be doing:
- Underwrite Consumer Auto, VISA and Home Equity loans and Lines of Credit according to CCCU lending standards and procedures.
- Underwriters will take applications and process Auto, RV, VISA, Personal Loans and Lines of Credit, and Home Equity Loan products as a backup to loan officers.
- Recommend additional credit union products and services for loan officers to present to borrowers.
- Comprehend and adhere to all company-wide and department-specific policies and procedures.
- Provide our members excellent customer service.
- Three years of experience underwriting and processing loans.
- Ability to underwrite a high volume of loan applications maintaining accuracy and consistency.
- The ability to maintain and foster positive relationships with our members, sponsoring companies, and other employees.
- Emphasis placed on a high sales aptitude
- PC skills (Microsoft Office Products) and knowledge of Symitar systems and LoansPQ a plus.
- Ability to manage a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment as a member of our loan team.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions and take appropriate course of action.
Consolidated Community Credit Union holds high standards for all our employees. We screen credit and will do criminal background checks on potential employees.