Post Date: 07/09/2020
Close Date: 09/01/2020
JLA is seeking a full-time engagement coordinator to work on a fast-paced team. Engagement coordinators are generalists and you’ll need a range of common skills to complete your daily work. Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills are at the core of everything we do at JLA, since we help the public talk and
engage with government agencies about projects that affect their daily lives.
You will be assigned, and seek out, a range of tasks/deliverables from program managers or senior coordinators. Tasks will include scheduling meetings, managing emails, tracking due-dates and deliverables, planning events, and summarizing public comments. A self-starter attitude will serve you well. This is a role for someone who likes challenges, problem-solving, and autonomy. You will work behind the scenes as senior program managers facilitate communication between clients and the public. You will help us provide quality products for our clients and ensure that we can engage with communities about the projects that affect their lives.
Key Experience Required
• Relevant work experience and/or Associates/Bachelor’s degree in a person-first field such as journalism, public relations, community outreach, education, event planning, politics/governance, planning, or similar.
• Event planning or tracking multiple tasks/deliverables over several months.
• Customer/client service experience at any level is critical since we need to be flexible enough to stop a task to pick up an emergency project for a client.
Key Experience Desired
• Education, training, or volunteer experience related to working with people, which could include deescalation, mediation, communications, or similar topics.
• The ability to speak another language besides English and provide informal translations/interpretations at events/with the public. Professional interpretation is not necessary.
• An “eye for design” or comfort with producing documents/reports (use of headings, consistent fonts, etc.) or ease in coordinating and reviewing production with a graphic designer.
• Comfort with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with online form-based content and data management systems.
If you have questions about this job description, please reach out to Brandy Steffen, Talent Officer at email@example.com, subject heading “Engagement Coordinator Application Questions.”
To apply for this position, please submit your one-page resume and one-page cover letter that answers how you are able to provide great customer/client service during a stressful situation to Brandy Steffen, Talent Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject heading “Engagement Coordinator Job Application.”