Post Date: 07/21/2020
Close Date: 08/14/2020
Do you have the passion and spirit to be part of a fast-growing company? Operating out of Portland, OR, True Terpenes is the industry’s trendsetter for custom terpene blends and the benchmark for quality, compliance, and education. Our products are tested to the most demanding safety standards available; formulated, blended, packed, and labeled in cGMP facilities certified to FSSC and ISO quality standards.Through our commitment to curating a library of detailed plant analytics and extensive on-site research and development, True Terpenes has positioned itself as an industry expert and trusted producer of precision terpene blends, particularly for quality-driven developers at all production scales.
As our Senior Accountant, you will be part of the Finance and Accounting team, providing direct support to the company’s Controller in day-to-day accounting as well as developing fiscal strategies for the organization. You’re comfortable collaborating, cooperating, and engaging colleagues, providing mentorship and guidance to the less senior members of the Accounting team.
This is a competitively paid position, and during COVID, is remote-based. We offer a fun working environment where mutual respect, teamwork, ethical behavior, and communication are fundamental to our culture. We also offer benefits and 401(k). Our office is located at SE6th and Burnside. Parking is really tough, so access to public transit or alternative methods that don’t require parking is the best bet for getting here.
Primarily What You’ll Do:
● Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department
● Create cash flow, historical reporting, and other financial information as requested
● Develop systems for financial records maintenance, making use of current technologies
● Create electronic forms, manuals, and document processes for the Accounting team, as well as internal control processes for the company
What You Should Already Know and Do:
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or equivalent number of years of experience)
● 5 years of accounting experience
● Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
● Understanding of and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
● Highly proficient with Quickbooks accounting software
To Apply : email your resume and a cover letter to HR@trueterpenes.com . Your cover letter should briefly tell us why you want to work for True Terpenes and what you love about Accounting.
At True Terpenes, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. True Terpenes is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer.