Post Date: 07/23/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
POSITION: Enterprise Architect
SALARY: $105,991.00 - $169,588.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe, we operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks that connect goods, people and passengers, drive economic growth and improve our region's quality of life. The Information Technology Enterprise Architect is integral to nearly all facets of our business and will act as the bridge between the Port's business areas and IT disciplines to ensure the Port's technology environment meets the Port's strategic goals.
The successful individual will help drive future-state business capabilities through the choice of technology programs, projects and investments. You will bring your understanding of multiple perspectives, be adaptable to change, and provide your expertise and ability to see the big picture. You will have strong leadership skills, the ability to influence, passion and drive of all aspects of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) program, including business, information, solutions, technical, and security architectures.
We are looking for an individual that will exhibit a strong sense of team-orientation, is highly collaborative, and who embraces the value leadership and service. This person will also share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead the creation and evolution of the Enterprise Architecture program and promote the value of this program throughout IT and with Port business leaders
• Lead the analysis of business and operating models, as well as market and technology industry trends to determine their potential impact on the Port's business strategy, direction and technical architecture
• Develop and implement an Enterprise Architecture Plan based on business requirements which results in a roadmap of IT strategies
• Seek opportunities to highlight how digital business initiatives will potentially impact enterprises' economic architecture and metrics
• Be an enabler of strategy formulation, and act as support for technology innovation
• Construct technology-enabled operating models and provide viable options and visibility into execution issues
• Understand the Port's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions
• Construct future and current-state business models to apply emerging technologies
• Scan the market for major disruptive technology and technology trends that affect our business
• Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome challenges
• Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model use with rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations
• Lead technology experiments, helping to create new services and integrating the best of these into steady-state operations
• Work with business peers to develop and present business capability models and road maps to facilitate discussion and decision making with key stakeholders
• Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for continual improvement
• Consult with IT infrastructure, business analysis, security, application and project teams to ensure consistency with the Enterprise Architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the Enterprise Architecture
• Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study. Master's degree preferred OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties (required)
• Ten years of experience in at least three of the following technology disciplines; business solutions, information systems, cloud and/or on-premises technical architecture, full-stack application development, middleware, information analysis, database management/administration, or IT operations in a multi-tier environment
• 3 years performing in the role of an Enterprise Architect at a medium to large sized company(preferred)
• Advanced knowledge of strategic planning approaches, methods and integration with business and IT strategic plans
• Familiar with Business ecosystems, Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), APIs, open data, microservices, machine learning, data lakes, framework development, business analytics, IoT, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
• Aware of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
• Understanding of business engineering principles and processes
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas at the Port of Portland, including Portland International Airport and various Marine facilities required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
• Skilled at communicating effectively and building key partnerships which will influence, inspire and motivate others
• Defined business acumen, strategic thinking, sound decision making
• Anticipate internal and external customer needs and take appropriate action
• Organize and prioritize workload and complete projects accurately and timely
• Proactively seek out opinions, advice, and feedback from others
• Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, and devise alternative solutions
• Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player.
• Promotes safety as a guiding principle and strives for safety improvements
• Safety: The Port promotes safety as a guiding principle and practice in accomplishing work by complying with safety and health policies and procedures and consistently seeking improvements that support operational excellence.
• Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
• Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
• Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
• ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that they need an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Complete details: https://portofportland.com/Careers