Post Date: 07/14/2020
Close Date: 08/03/2020
Live where you work and play where you live! The City of Bend Police Department is actively recruiting for full-time Lateral Police Officers. This recruitment will be used to create an eligibility list for upcoming vacancies for up to 6 months. The eligibility list may be canceled at anytime, at the discretion of the City. This opportunity is a Bend Police Association, FLSA non-exempt position.
Joining the Bend Police Department will give you the opportunity to be part of a professional law enforcement agency that serves a city of more than 97,000 residents. We are a progressive, innovative community-based department who acknowledges our most valued asset is the men and women who work at the Bend Police Department.
As a member of the Bend Police Department, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have a rewarding career with competitive pay and benefits
- Work in a fast-paced environment with varied work including promotional and special team opportunities
- Benefit from excellent training opportunities
To be considered for this position, applicants must have a complete application that includes all of the following items:
- A complete online application
- Attached formal Cover Letter (required)
- Attached formal Resume (required)
- National Testing Network Frontline Test
- Completed within the past 12 months (July 2, 2019 – August 3, 2020)
Applicants must provide certification that they are a veteran or disabled veteran to receive veteran's preference. For more information please go to cityofbendoregon.gov
Submission deadline is August 3, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m. PST.
Diversity & Equal Employer Opportunity Statement. The City of Bend is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. At the City of Bend, we don't just accept differences; we value them. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and support the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the Oregon Equal Pay Act.