Post Date: 07/30/2020
Close Date: 08/17/2020
The City of Lake Oswego is seeking qualified candidates for the Support Services Specialist position within the Public Works Department. The Public Works Department focuses on the maintenance of City infrastructure, including Streets, Water, Wastewater, Stormwater, and Fleet. The position provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to work as part of the department’s Support Services group, which coordinates daily operations, assists with asset management, and provides project support.
The Position: Under the direction of the Assistant Public Works Director, the Support Services Specialist will be tasked with a wide variety of technical support duties. The selected individual will provide support for daily work management, asset management, accounts payable, contract management, and customer service.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Use and development of the City’s Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), which is used to manage daily work processes and track asset maintenance. The Support Services Specialist will work with internal department staff to correctly and efficiently use the system, assist with data entry, troubleshoot problems, develop new processes, and conduct trainings. The selected candidate will also work with external departments, including GIS and Finance, to ensure that CMMS processes are working efficiently, and to help further the achievement of asset management goals from a cross-departmental standpoint.
2. Work collaboratively with department staff to analyze, update, and streamline processes/procedures to help achieve a departmental goal of modernization and efficiency. The selected candidate will seek continuous process improvements and assist others to do the same.
3. Coordination and processing of accounts payable for the Public Works Department. This includes processing invoices for payment, organizing appropriate documentation, obtaining signatures, and coordinating payment with the City’s Finance Department. Basic purchasing duties may also be assigned as needed.
4. Administrative oversight of departmental contracts. The selected candidate will provide administrative support to contract managers. This includes duties related to contract solicitation, execution, renewal, termination, and cost tracking.
5. Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers. The Support Services Specialist will seek to creatively and effectively problem solve in a professional and courteous manner. Customer service duties may include answering phones, providing written correspondence, or assisting with departmental communication efforts.
6. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education and Experience: A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is to be a high school graduate or possess a certificate of equivalency upon appointment. Training and/or experience providing knowledge of the function and operations of the department; and responsible experience providing support to users is preferred.
For a complete list of essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.ci.oswego.or.us.
Application Process: You may visit our web site at www.ci.oswego.or.us to access the online application process. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed job application. The City application must be submitted to by: 5:00 p.m., August 17, 2020
The City is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women and qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it with your required application materials.
Complete details: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lakeoswego/default.cfm