Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
The VTM Group team is made up of talented and hardworking individuals. We are hiring two Accounting Specialists on our team due to growth. Come be part of our success!
The Accounting Specialist will perform full-cycle bookkeeping and other basic accounting duties for several diverse 501(c)(6) and for-profit clients. Each team member is responsible for 6-12 of their own clients. In addition to the day-to-day accounting functions, this position will provide strategic guidance on best known accounting methods, reports and presentations to internal staff.
This opportunity frequently includes explaining accounting processes to non-accounting professionals.
The ideal candidate is able to manage tight and conflicting deadlines while demonstrating strong communication skills (both verbal and written). They excel in fast-paced environments where juggling multiple priorities motivates (not scares) them! The ideal candidate prides themselves on maintaining a high attention to detail and their ability to problem solve. Making things balance to the penny gets them excited!
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Three to five years of accounting experience
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
· Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
· On the job QuickBooks experience
· Working knowledge of GAAP
· Solid foundation of accounting principles, including full cycle accounting, financial reporting, monthly cash projections and GL account reconciliations
· Experience creating A/R and A/P Invoices and processing and initiating payments
· Experience with both accrual and cash basis accounting
Experience with the following considered a plus:
· MS PowerPoint
A little about us:
VTM Group offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package. To learn more about VTM Group, visit us at www.vtmgroup.com
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position