Post Date: 09/03/2020
Close Date: 10/03/2020
In this role you will identify opportunities for adopting new technology to solve problems in a matrix environment. You will also provide application software development services and develop program logic for new applications or analyze and modify logic in existing applications. This role codes, tests, debugs and documents software applications and analyzes requirements and tests and integrates application components. You will also ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented.
You will support our journey by:
- Programming/Software Development: Sets local or team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security guidelines and the selection of appropriate development methods. Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method-specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders. Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically to optimize productivity. Provides advice, guidance, and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Application Support: Drafts and maintains procedures and documentation for applications support. Manages application enhancements to improve business performance. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups and disaster-recovery needs. Ensures that all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- Incident Management: Ensures that incidents are handled according to agreed procedures. Investigates escalated incidents to responsible service owners and seeks resolution. Facilitates recovery following resolution of incidents. Ensures that resolved incidents are properly documented and closed. Analyzes causes of incidents and informs service owners in order to minimize the probability of recurrence and contribute to service improvement. Analyzes metrics and reports on the performance of the incident management process.
- Problem Management: Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Ensures that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s). Enables the development of problem solutions. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Analyzes patterns and trends.
- Systems Design: Specifies and designs large or complex systems. Selects appropriate design standards, methods, and tools consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively. Reviews others' systems designs to ensure the selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology. Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks. Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality, security, and systems management requirements.
- Systems Integration: Designs and builds integration components and interfaces. Leads practical integration work under the technical direction of the system/service designer. May contribute to the overall design of the service. May define the technical criteria for product/component selection. Contributes to decisions about tools, methods, and approaches.
- Maintain code integrity and organization, writing unit test automation and conduct code reviews and testing.
You will bring the following skills to our team:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, management or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically eight or more years in related field.
- Demonstrated familiarity with IT software development, integration, content management, web and cloud project practices.
- Requires knowledge of languages such as C# .Net, Java, Source Control such as GIT.
- Exposure to Microservice Architecture, RESTful API's.
- Experience building solutions for a cloud platform (like AWS, Azure or GCP) will be advantageous.
- Requires knowledge with using, writing and troubleshooting Oracle and MS SQL Databases.
- Testing and QA skills.
- Ability to work on-call schedule.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position