Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 11/01/2020
The Studio Manager is an integral part of the design studio within our product team, supporting a key client while working closely with the design directors, design leads, project managers, writers, and other team members. This role is responsible for leading and motivating a team of designers and motion designers and working with the design director, creative director, and creative operations director to create an inclusive, supportive culture with growth opportunities for designers in the design studio. The top priority is ensuring that the quality of the finished work meets Thesis’s high standards from both a creative and production standpoint.
Daily responsibilities will include resourcing new assignments to designers and motion designers, tracking deadlines, re-prioritizing as needed, and ensuring that final deliverables are on time and meet project specs and brand guidelines. Working with team members to establish processes and ensure that team members stay up to date as processes evolve is essential. A keen eye for detail as well as a mix of both technical skills and creative acumen a must.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
As a person, you are
Organized and can handle being in and out of the weeds on a daily basis. You understand the volume and cadence of work coming in on a focused client and how best to distribute the work within your team. Being a problem solver, you are not afraid of conflict and actively work with colleagues and/or partners to resolve issues. One of your key traits is being flexible and responsive. You receive and give feedback well, and you approach changes with a positive attitude. You are:
- Aware: You have a general understanding of each team member’s strengths and assign work accordingly.
- Composed: You keep a level head under pressure.
- Confident and humble: You are comfortable making judgment calls as necessary, knowing when to consult colleagues and management.
- Roll up your sleeves: You’re willing to help out wherever needed. No task is too small or too big.
- Team player: You don’t win on your own and you look out for those around you.
As a worker, you will
- Be a core part of our studio team, helping to deliver excellent work across a variety of mediums.
- Assign and shift projects to designers and motion designers as needed, on a daily basis, to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Solid understanding of motion deliverables and timelines and industry standards.
- Provide support to designers, making sure they have what they need to do their job, and push back on requests when needed.
- Partner with project managers to ensure that proposed project timelines reflect the design time needed.
- Partner with creative operations director and project managers to forecast future designer needs.
- Lead design communications and workflows within your team, ensuring effective exchange of information and deliverables.
- Drive and maintain design consistency across deliverables.
- Establish and maintain best production practices.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position