Post Date: 07/07/2020
Close Date: 08/07/2020
Meals on Wheels People is seeking a motivated individual with a positive attitude and a background of driving trucks at least 24 ft. in length to join our Central Kitchen team in the role of Delivery Driver.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent driving record, ability to work with volume foods and supplies and is highly dependable and proactive. If you are self-driven and enjoy working in a diverse team environment, Meals on Wheels People is the place for you!
The Delivery Driver is responsible for distributing all prepared, unprepared food products, center supplies (freight) from Central Kitchen to Meals on Wheels People meal sites using 24ft long delivery truck. Maintain accurate record-keeping.
Hours: Mon-Thurs, 36hrs/wk (5:30am-3:00pm)
Salary Range: $32,500-35,500
Location: Central Kitchen (Multnomah Village)
Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible to load daily meals, milk and vegetables on to delivery truck
• Assist with loading products onto carriers for distribution; ensure accuracy of distributed product
• Assist as needed with all freight orders for distribution to accounts and warehouse duties
• Deliver food, supplies, inter-office mail, and equipment to dining center or account locations and place in proper area
• Complete daily record keeping and maintenance of the delivery trucks
• Ensure compliance with all State and Federal driver safety standards
• Other duties as assigned
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Meals on Wheels People Benefits:
Meals on Wheels People offers competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including:
• Life Insurance
• Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Reimbursement
• Free Lunch
• Generous Paid Time Off
• And More!
Complete details: https://www.mowp.org/our-story/careers/