Post Date: 07/24/2020
Close Date: 08/21/2020
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services, On-Campus Students
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Benefitted
This position serves as the first point of contact for the Office of Student Services and provides administrative services and support to the Student Services staff. In this role, you will support and help coordinate services offered by the office, including tutoring, academic coaching, orientation programs and events, ADA and accessibility services, counseling, and student clubs and organizations. The administrative assistant for student services must demonstrate excellent customer service, professionalism and discretion in daily interactions with students, faculty, staff and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the first point of contact for the Office of Student Services. Answer and direct incoming calls, and welcome and direct walk-ins.
• Answer questions about services and support available to students.
• Manage shared email inboxes and calendars.
• Take minutes for student services meetings.
• Support Student Services Coordinator and faculty with accessibility services and ADA accommodations by managing test requests, testing calendar, and proctoring exams in the testing center.
• Track quantitative and qualitative department data on use of services and report to department on a quarterly basis.
• Assist with maintaining accurate data related to retention, persistence and leave requests.
• Assist with maintaining accurate records for international students.
• Coordinate make-up testing with students and faculty
• Support the logistical coordination of new student orientation activities, including online and on-campus events.
• Assist with student club and guest speaker events as directed.
• In collaboration with office staff, provide support to students who are requesting and/or returning from an approved leave from an academic program.
• Order and manage office and testing center supplies.
• Mail pick-up and delivery for the department.
• Assist with the supervision of work study students.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years customer service and/or administrative experience.
• Able to input, organize and evaluate basic and complex data and information in electronic format.
• Proficient computer skills: Windows and MS Office applications and contact management software (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word).
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and apply discretion.
• Ability and willingness to communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
• Experience working in a higher education or university setting highly desired
• Experience with proctoring software, such as Cisco Meraki and ProctorU.
• Understanding of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act and how they apply to public institutions in higher education.
• Understanding of FERPA and HIPPA and how they apply to public institutions in higher education.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the big orange button and follow the prompts
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/administrative-assistant/