Post Date: 07/27/2020
Close Date: 08/10/2020
The Research & Innovation Program is seeking a Water Resources Program Manager. This position provides programmatic planning, oversight, and technical research and innovation for the management of the water resources within the Tualatin Watershed. This position coordinates programs that support regulatory compliance, ecosystem improvement, and the health and safety of the resident population including infrastructure planning, natural resources enhancement, and water quality and quantity management. This position also initiates and strengthens key partnerships within the District, throughout the watershed to ensure regulatory compliance and achievement of District goals and with national organizations promoting the District’s goals.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at its discretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Provides technical and programmatic leadership for mission, goals, and objectives of the Research & Innovation program.
2. Assists the Research & Innovation Director with general oversight of the research program for the District including input on selections of projects, documentation of projects and progress, review of publications, and oversight of financial coding and reporting.
3. Manages a suite of specific research and innovation projects as assigned.
4. Manages the collection of data related to the NTS start-up and compliance with discharge requirements. Conducts appropriate research related to the operation and effectiveness of the NTS for removal of conventional pollutants, pathogens, and chemical of emerging concern (CECs).
5. Provides general oversight of the intern program and directs those interns associated with assigned research project.
6. Provides leadership and direction to the microbiological aspects of the District’s NPDES permit and laboratory measurements of bacteria, pathogens, and viruses. Oversees the microbiological laboratory to be developed in the Fernhill Research and Innovation Center.
7. Develops new research ideas and proposals based upon input of the District’s needs, the objectives of the Research & Innovation program, and national research trends. Presents research results at appropriate conferences and publishes in appropriate journals.
8. Acts as a facilitator with all District departments related to research and innovation. Convenes and plans cooperative research projects within District; with local, state, and federal agencies; and non-governmental organizations.
9. Serves as a technical resource for District staff, watershed partners, and other governmental agencies related to a variety of environmental engineering and science issues.
10. Supports preparation of budgets and manages contracts for various professional and technical services employed for identified research projects.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs would be:
- Extensive experience in one or a combination of the following areas; environmental engineering or environmental science consulting or research; water resources planning, or surface water management program.
- College level coursework in environmental science, environmental or civil engineering, environmental science, water resources management, or a related field. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
- Upon selection, candidate must possess and maintain a valid State issued driver's license.
To apply, please visit our career website at: http://cleanwaterservices.org/about-us/careers/