Post Date: 09/14/2020
Close Date: 09/28/2020
Water Resource Recovery Operations and Services Department is seeking a PrincipalEngineer - Construction. This position includes all aspects of engineering as it relates toconstruction of wastewater treatment and pumping facilities. Plans, coordinates, and managescapital expansion programs. Oversees the coordination of work with stakeholders, includingcontractors, consultants, and other Clean Water Services departments and divisions. Ensuresthe District remains compliant with current and future regulatory requirements, whileminimizing interruptions to the operations and maintenance of the wastewater treatmentfacilities, pump stations.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assignedto this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at itsdiscretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Manage the development of District construction managment programs. Develop standardsystems and methodolgies for construction mangement documentation and control, training,and startup/testing services.
2. Coordinate and manage the construction and administration of multiple constructioncontracts. Oversee District inspection and consulting staff to ensure projects are built to thestandard set forth in the construction documents, while minimizing disruption to plantoperations.
3. Provide complex design solutions and regulatory interpretations. Approve changes to designand construction contract provisions including exemptions and variations to District design andconstruction standards or other ordinances, design amendments, changes to scope of work,extensions/accelerations of schedules, and changes in methodology, equipment, or controlprocesses.
4. Provide senior inspection of construction projects for quality control, coordinate acquisition ofpermits, review payment applications, and negotiate construction change orders.
5. Develops planning documents and design plans and specifications. Serves as the Engineer ofRecord providing licensed certification for proper technical design of various projects.
6. Oversees the coordination of work with project stakeholders, government agencies, otherDistrict divisions, contractors, and consultants. Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitivecitizen inquiries and complaints. Establishes positive working relationships with stakeholdersand other jurisdictions.
7. Oversees, organizes, assigns, and reviews staff's work. Develops performance standards. Prepares performance evaluations. Provides coaching and prepares development plans. Assures compliance with District safety practices and procedures.
8. Participates in the development and implementation of District-wide goals andmeasures. Attends and participates in professional group meetings and stays abreast of newtrends and innovations in the field of engineering design for wastewater treatment facilities andpump stations.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position