Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
This position is responsible for leading a variety of projects utilizing project management and LEAN principles and techniques. Work comprises all stages of the project lifecycle, including scoping, planning, management, and implementation. Under general supervision, this position acts as a liaison between internal and external partners, contractors and stakeholders to facilitate collaboration, consensus building and help ensure accountability, as well as maintain technical project reports, records and documentation. This is an intermediate level project management position and typically leads projects in support of multiple, integrated teams. Projects sometimes have varied and numerous participants with areas of ambiguity and competing priorities and/or interdependencies with other projects.
Essential Position Functions
Planning and Development
- Review project assignment to develop project plan that outlines components, communications, milestones, priorities, needs and resources. Components of the project plan include determining scope and level of involvement, staffing, training, and resources needed. Inform manager of plan for awareness and input.
- Create project scope reference material based on research, staff interviews and other sources of relevant information.
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in meetings of stakeholder groups to identify needs and build consensus and collaboration.
- With manager input, identify project team members and related partners and stakeholders.
- Work with all involved parties to review established policies, procedures, regulations, and project management methodology, and modify project plan as necessary to deliver project outcomes.
- Integrate project plans from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones.
- Finalize plan, including tasks, resources, milestones, timeline, priorities, budget, and communication.
- Confer with management and staff, external contractors, etc. to discuss and resolve matters critical to the project’s execution and success, to prepare project budget and staffing plans, required staff resources and implement budget adjustments as appropriate.
- Collect, review, prepare and distribute appropriate materials for meetings.
- Convene and facilitate meetings with appropriate participants and stakeholders.
- Work with business group leaders and experts regarding project status and deliverables.
- Advance skills in leading stakeholders; act as a resource to project team members.
- Monitor and regularly communicate project status to Sponsors, Business Owners and other stakeholders, helping to ensure progress toward completion.
- Make formal and informal presentations and reports, providing updates and other relevant information on the status of projects.
- Partner with the project leader in representing the organization regarding project status. Facilitate and work effectively to develop consensus within divergent groups and/or groups with divergent viewpoints.
- Locate, assemble, edit and summarize materials, information and data.