Post Date: 09/11/2020
Close Date: 10/11/2020
The Membership & Visitor Services Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to members and visitors, preparing and sending written correspondence, and returning phone inquiries. This role is vital in increasing financial operating support for the organization through member acquisition and retention. This position is required to maintain in person office hours in the Development Office to process incoming and outgoing mailed correspondence. This position also serves as on-call back up for Visitor Services & Museum Store team, and is expected to cover morning, afternoon, and lunch breaks on days when the team needs additional coverage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- Produces printed donor and member communications: acknowledgement letters, membership cards, and renewal notices. Liaises with and works alongside Visitor Services and Museum Store team members to coordinate stuffing of large mailings.
- Assists in maintaining accurate records in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Greet members and visitors at the front desk, answers and directs phone inquiries, and processes admissions and memberships (on days working at the Visitor Services desk). May be asked to cover the register in the Museum Store on occasion.
- Maintains regular office hours at the Oregon Historical Society. Current office hours: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10:30am to 3:30pm. This is subject to change as OHS museum hours change.
JOB DUTIES: MEMBERSHIP
- Manages donor thank you letter production: mail-merges, prints, and sends out donor acknowledgement letters and membership cards.
- Manages membership renewal production: mail-merge, print, and send out membership renewal letters.
- Updates addresses in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Enters complimentary memberships in Raiser’s Edge donor database.
- Collaborates with the Development team to assist on other projects as needed such as answering phones on occasion to take membership renewals or change of address information over the phone.
- Liaises with and works alongside Visitor Services and Museum Store team members to coordinate stuffing of large mailings.
JOB DUTIES: VISITOR SERVICES & MUSEUM STORE
- Welcomes and orients all visitors to the Oregon Historical Society and serves as the primary contact for visitors to the Oregon Historical Society’s museum, library, programs, and administrative offices.
- Communicates face-to-face and via telephone and e-mail to respond to inquiries about the Oregon Historical Society. Takes the initiative to be current and knowledgeable about OHS programs and services.
- Records museum admissions, membership, and other sales transactions accurately in a computerized ticketing system.
- Remains calm under pressure; seamlessly tailors visitor orientation depending on lines/crowds in order to process visitors in an efficient yet welcoming manner.
- Processes cash transactions and maintains accurate and complete transaction documentation in till.
- Promotes admission and membership sales to guests and notifies guests of special promotions as directed by the Director of Marketing & Communications.
- Maintains complete discretion in all communications about membership and other data to which the position may have access.
- Collaborates with security to enforce and report health and safety issues affecting OHS guests, volunteers, and staff in accordance with current OHS policies and procedures.
- When working in the Museum Store, accurately processes sales via the Museum Store POS maintaining transaction documentation and accounting of the cash in the register.
- Supports the Director of Development as needed.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation with all OHS staff, volunteers, and interns/volunteers.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers, visitors, and volunteers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position supervises volunteers.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School graduate. Minimum 2-3 years related experience in retail sales, customer service, guest/member services, or equivalent combination of education or experience. Proven ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide variety of individuals. Excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated desire to work with the public. Familiarity with Oregon, Pacific Northwest, and U.S. history is strongly preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel. Willingness to learn basic record-keeping in Raiser’s Edge.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position