Post Date: 09/16/2020
Close Date: 10/16/2020
Oregon Primary Care Association (OPCA) is a nonprofit membership association for all of Oregon’s community health centers (CHCs), also known as federally qualified health centers (FQHCs). Our mission is to lead the transformation of primary care to achieve health equity for all.
OPCA promotes anti-racism and inclusion in our workplace by engaging with diverse communities and making space for candidates of color in our hiring practices. We celebrate both individual contributions and powerful teamwork. We thrive on innovation and collaboration. We support one another as healthy human beings who balance work with the rest of life. Join our team as we lead the community health center movement with passion, vision and courage.
What We Need:
OPCA seeks an Operations Senior Manager who supports the strategic direction and performance improvement initiatives of the organization. This position supports the Finance and Operations Senior Director in executing strategic objectives and internal improvements, ensuring timely execution, delivery of intended outcomes, and tracking success of implementation.
As part of the Operations Team, the Operations Senior Manager manages, maintains, and improves upon internal system functionalities including organizational goal accomplishment, office-wide information technology (IT), internal operations projects, and overall office management. This is a confidential position that works closely with the entire OPCA staff to create an effective and efficient organization with an organizational culture that is aligned with OPCA values.
Who You Are:
A systems level thinker with a passion for mission-driven service, you understand complex organizational dynamics. You are an effective agent of change who uses your interpersonal skills and strong project management abilities to create and implement organizational and team strategies. You thrive in a collaborative team environment, balancing exceptional customer service with a focus on big picture goals that is critical to creating a positive, forward moving organizational culture.
Successful candidates will commit to an equitable and inclusive workplace, including but not limited to: racial equity, accessibility for individuals with disabilities, use of gender inclusive language, and cultural sensitivity.
What You’ll Bring:
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, both informal and formal communications, including listening, speaking, writing and facilitation of discussions where diverse opinions exist.
- Strong project management skills including excellent attention to detail, and ability to self-direct and prioritize tasks on multiple projects.
- An analytical approach, allowing you to analyze and interpret organizational data.
- Strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Advanced IT, HRIS and database knowledge alongside experience or familiarity with Microsoft Office, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- A passion for learning and growth.
- Comfort with nuances and ambiguity.
- Ability to work well in a professional yet fun team environment, including respect for different styles and personalities, enthusiasm for collaboration, communication, and celebration.
- Manage, implement, and improve OPCA’s efforts to ensure operational excellence.
- Partner with the Operations Team and various staff members to review, analyze, develop, and implement OPCA plans, policies and procedures.
- Work in tandem with the Office Administrator to ensure OPCA’s day-to day office and administration function, as well as larger scale projects, are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Contribute to the development, management, and evaluation of annual internal organizational goals to help OPCA continue to grow our internal operations, systems capacity, and overall efficiency.
- Support the Finance and Operations Senior Director with OPCA’s risk management and compliance work.
- Manage multiple vendor contracts and relationships.
- Ensure operational excellence by embedding quality improvement infrastructure and methods in all operational efforts and partnering collaboratively with staff team members.
- Work with the Finance & Operations Sr. Director on managing the overall office IT plan, including computer, information, and telecommunication systems.
- Manage IT needs of organization by troubleshooting and communicating with IT vendor, ensuring industry standards are met.
- Work with the Operations Team to implement a new Human Resources Information System (HRIS), partnering with the Human Resources Manager to modernize the employment life cycle.
- Scope, manage and implement special projects as needed, such as evaluating OPCA’s needs for additional tools to help the team work more effectively and efficiently.
- With the Finance and Operations Senior Director and Operations Team, contribute to the development of teamwork plans, goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provide ongoing training for staff on OPCA operations, tools, and systems to ensure consistent application and ease of use.
- Professional with advanced level of proficiency. Generally, requires a Bachelor's degree and/or 3-5 years' experience or equivalent education.
- Must be bondable
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Experience with change management, new software deployment and operational innovation, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience managing a small business (25 staff) IT environment
- Experience implementing and managing HRIS
- Experience with website CMS, CRM and project management platforms
- Formal project management training
- Knowledge and application of process improvement techniques (e.g. LEAN)
- Understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations (OPCA is not yet a HIPAA environment)
$67,000 - $76,000 commensurate with experience
What Else You Should Know:
To view the full job description and to apply, please visit https://www.orpca.org/jobs/jobs-at-opca.
In order to be considered, you must include the following in your cover letter:
- What is your preferred HRIS software and why?
- What unique or diverse perspectives might you add to a new team or organization?
- Where you saw this posting.
Do you know someone amazing you would want to work with? OPCA is also searching for the following positions:
- Office Administrator
- Healthcare Workforce Program Manager (also known as CHC Sustainability Manager)
Due to the pandemic, OPCA’s office is closed and we are working remotely. We expect to conduct interviews and onboarding remotely until the office re-opens. Please note that new hires may be asked to briefly meet at our office in order to receive equipment, such as laptops, that will support remote work during the COVID-19 closure.