Post Date: 06/22/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
Regional Care Coordinator - Bilingual English & Spanish
Full-Time - 40 hours per week
Salary: $18.25 to $22.25 an hour (DOE). Full benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, and 401K match.
The Project Access NOW Classic Program coordinates a network of physicians and other health care providers, making it easier for them to donate medically necessary care to low-income, uninsured people in our communities. The Regional Care Coordinator works directly with clients, other program support staff, referring and volunteer clinics and hospitals to help our clients get the care and medications they need. Classic Program staff work with client health information and must be able to maintain strict confidentiality. This position requires a flexible, self-directed person who pays great attention to detail, communicates clearly and respectfully, is resourceful, and has excellent customer service and phone skills. Classic Program staff answers incoming calls, redirects them to appropriate staff and assists callers. This is a fast-paced, interactive, demanding environment.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
● Answer phones to verify eligibility and provide information to clients, care coordinators, and volunteer clinics
● Conduct client orientation, enrollment, and application assistance by phone or in person
● Enter client and referral data into Project Access NOW database
● Download, label, and file faxes
● Fax referral and chart information to volunteer clinics
● Schedule appointments, interpretation and make reminder calls to clients, ship medical supplies to patients
● Problem solve with clinics, providers, and patients to get patients connected to care, interpretation, and medication needs
● Support Referring Partner clinics by answering questions and concerns related to clients and/or database issues.
● Excellent phone/customer service skills
● Data entry experience required
● Customer service experience required
● Experience with or knowledge of health care environment
● Proficiency in MS Office
● Experience in health care, social service, or non-profit sector required
● Experience in serving diverse communities and traditionally underserved populations
● Creative, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
● Ability to work independently and as a team
● Strong communication skills, verbal and written in Spanish and English
● High level of organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
● Office space with stairs (no ADA access) ● Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.
● Frequent use of keyboard, two monitors, mouse, telephone and/or headset
How to Apply
Visit our Website: www.projectaccessnow.org -- Complete the diversity, equity and inclusion questions. Submit your response along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Access NOW believes that the staff of an organization should reflect the communities it serves. We also believe our cultural, linguistic and community identities make our organization stronger, smarter, and more effective. These identities, whether constructed by social, political, or other forces, unite us in working toward a healthy region for everyone. We want to hold ourselves accountable for attracting and retaining a diverse staff team. Project Access NOW recognizes the value of a diverse workforce and believes a diverse work environment empowers our community. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation.
Complete details: www.projectaccessnow.org