Post Date: 10/16/2020
Close Date: 11/09/2020
The Water Resource Recovery Operations & Services Department is seeking a Field Engineer -Inspection. This posiiton performs electrical inspections of new construction by outsideelectrical contractors and staff electricians to ensure compliance with contract documentrequirements, District standards, the National Electrical Code, and other relevant governingstatues, regulations, guidelines, and standards. The candidate selected will serve as a SigningSupervisor for the Master Permit Inspection Program and will be responsible for managing smallelectrical repair and modification in-house projects.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assignedto this classification. The District may augment duties and/or essential functions at itsdiscretion. Additionally, some incumbents may not perform all Essential Functions.)
1. Inspect new construction for compliance with contract document requirements, Districtstandards, the National Electrical Code, and other relevant governing statutes, regulations,guidelines, and standards. Prepare punch lists documenting construction deficiencies, reviewcontractor change orders, review record drawings, and administer the warranty program forelectrical equipment.
2. Perform duties as a Signing Supervisor (OAR 918-280-0015) for the Master Permit ElectricalPermit with Washington County and the City of Hillsboro and any other municipality as needed.These duties will include filing Plan Review documents, inspection of work installed by Districtstaff, managing the Master Permit log, and represent the District during the County or CityInspectors site visits.
3. Manage small in-house electrical repair and modification projects.
4. Replace, maintain, test, troubleshoot, modify, and repair power distribution systems,including transformers, power distribution panels, power services, and circuit breakers;electrical equipment associated with pumping systems, including motors, variable frequencydrives, generators, switches, instrumentation and control equipment including sensors,transmitters, monitors, recorders, detectors, flowmeters, controllers, and motor control centers.Test power circuit breakers by primary or secondary current injection. Test protective relays.Design and building of control panels, test station and temporary control circuiting.
5. Serve as liaison to consultants, contractors, and vendors; assist in the selection ofconsultants and contractors; administer contracts; provide project support; oversee workperformed; monitor contract expenditures.
6. Participate in the development and implementation of and departmental policies, procedures,goals, objectives, and strategic initiatives as they relate to the installation, maintenance, andrepair of the electrical and electronic equipment, machinery and instrumentation in treatment plants, and remote pump stations.
7. Oversees, organizes, assigns, and reviews staff’s work. Develops performance standards. Prepares performance evaluations. Provides coaching and prepares development plans. Assures compliance with District safety practices and procedures.
PDF Version: PDF descrption available