Post Date: 07/17/2020
Close Date: 08/05/2020
Civil Engineering Specialist 2 | Program Development Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division | Statewide Project Delivery Branch
Project Development Section | Programs Development Office
Our Statewide Project Delivery Branch is recruiting for a program development specialist! In this key role, you will use your engineering background to lead the development, documentation, communication and implementation of a variety of programs, tools and resources needed for the effective outsourcing of A&E transportation projects. This position will have an opportunity to support the development, management, communication and implementation of an ODOT Project Delivery Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) Program. You will also assist in the planning to maintain and improve quality of plans, specifications, and estimates prepared by consultants. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience.
Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
- Highly developed technical report writing and experience with civil engineering related software systems such as OpenRoads, CADD, and ProjectWise.
- Knowledge of government laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures around consultant and construction contracting and reporting relating to civil engineering.
- Proficient program and project management skills and communication skills to identify technical issues, bring resolution to disputes, and communicate project progress reports.
- Ability to develop government programs including identifying required resources, creating and implementing a work plan, leading and organizing teams, developing program guidance, tools and procedures, preparing and giving presentations, process mapping, and change management.
- Experience developing transportation project plans, specifications and estimates, including technical guidance and training.
Learn more and apply:
- This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-44612 to learn more and to apply. Please note that we can only accept application materials through our website.
- For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 971-273-8687 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position