Post Date: 09/09/2020
Close Date: 10/09/2020
The IS Security Engineer II will have a passion for implementing and maintaining corporate security along with a capability to influence and recommend selection of effective solutions which support business strategies. This role is essential toward maturing CareOregon’s security model. The successful candidate will spend substantial time evaluating, architecting, and implementing IS policies and systems (plan, design, install, and maintain).
Essential Position Functions
Security Design and Development
- Actively participate in the design and maintenance of security technologies, including but not limited to firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices.
- Provide advanced security technology knowledge to the organization, and participate in and consult on projects.
- Advise other IS teams about best practices for security design.
Security Administration and Operations
- Execute tasks related to tickets and service requests for basic to advanced activities.
- Actively maintain security systems, including firewalls, proxy systems, logging, and other security devices, and vendor provided services.
- Analyze business needs; research and recommend solutions which include potential risks and mitigation.
- Help define, as well as build, run, and review, reports on information security system performance and event anomalies; make minor and advanced internal adjustments and identify substantial gaps based on findings.
- Develop and maintain appropriate technology documentation, including current design and operation.
Standards and Policy Administration
- Proposes requirements and standards for information security.
- Participate in the ongoing review existing systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.
- Participate in developing and maintaining information securing policies.
- Integrate network engineers in the development and management of security policies and systems, such as firewalls, intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention devices.
- Participate in planning for and supporting disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives.
Vendor Coordination and Relations
- Conduct product and vendor research, and present recommendations to senior engineer and/or management.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and related equipment suppliers, including installation and repair of services.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain electronic data exchanges with outside entities.
- Maintain service contracts and licensing; monitor adherence to SLAs with outside parties; escalate issues as needed.
Complete details: CareOregon Careers