Post Date: 07/23/2020
Close Date: 08/21/2020
Apply online by August 21st: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/lakeoswego/default.cfm
Minorities, women and qualified individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you wish modification of the selection process in order to accommodate a disability, please make your request in writing and submit it with your required application materials
The Position: The City of Lake Oswego announces a career growth opportunity for a Senior Associate Engineer. Under the direction of the Assistant City Engineer & City Engineer, the Senior Associate Engineer will provide professional engineering services to the City primarily in support of the design and construction of the sanitary sewer system but could also include similar projects for the water, surface water and transportation systems as well. The position’s primary focus will be to implement projects and program outlines in the City’s Wastewater Master Plan.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Directing the development of and reviewing engineering plans prepared by staff and outside consultants; determining when plans are complete and in compliance with codes, laws and regulations; and directing and performing construction inspection of public improvements for public improvement and private development projects.
2. Managing construction projects and programs including determining scope, schedule and budget; preparing project cost estimates; writing bid specifications; preparing bid solicitation documents; reviewing bids; procuring regulatory permits; acquiring public easements; and providing contract administration services through project close-out.
3. Acting as liaison with the department director, other City departments (especially Public Works), outside agencies, business and community representatives and other organizations to ensure the City’s interests are communicated and addressed. This responsibility can include notifying the public and businesses of pending construction projects, handling controversial issues, resolving conflicts, providing technical assistance and developing and establishing standards.
4. Authorizes changes in contract scope for engineering and construction contracts when warranted to achieve project objectives; negotiate and recommend contract change orders to City Engineer or City Manager.
5. Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and eight years of engineering or construction management experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that would provide the required knowledge and ability to perform the job. The incumbent is required to be a Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon and hold a valid driver’s license.
For a complete list of essential duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, and physical and mental demands please review the complete job description at www.ci.oswego.or.us.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position