Post Date: 07/15/2020
Close Date: 08/14/2020
POSITION: Executive Assistant/Board Liaison
DEPARTMENT(S): Portland Business Alliance & Downtown Portland Clean & Safe
REPORTS TO: President and CEO & Executive Director and Vice President Downtown Services
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time
The Portland Business Alliance (“Alliance”) serves as greater Portland’s Chamber of Commerce. Our mission is to create opportunity and advance well-being for all who live and work in the greater Portland and SW Washington region. Our vision is a healthy and resilient business ecosystem. We support access, opportunity, and advancement for all people. We recognize unfair bias and historic discrimination, and work to eliminate barriers. We embrace connectivity and work together respectfully to drive solutions. We meet setbacks with openness to listening, learning and adaptation. We give the honest answer. We do what we say we will. We are accessible, active, and visible to the community.
The Downtown Portland Clean & Safe (DPC&S) district provides extraordinary essential services to the people, places, and businesses within a core 213-block area of our unique city. Operating since 1988, the district is one of the oldest, largest, and most successful enhanced service districts in the nation.
The two organizations are affiliated and maintain separate and independent boards.
The Executive Assistant & Board Liaison provides daily administrative support for the President and CEO of the Portland Business Alliance as well as the Executive Director of Downtown Portland Clean & Safe. This role serves as liaison to more than 100 board of directors and respective executive committees of the Portland Business Alliance, Downtown Portland Clean and Safe, and Charitable Institute.
• Maintain calendars
• Provide phone support
• Process mail
• Handle written correspondence
• Organize Senior Staff meetings
• Calendar the year ahead for various boards
• Assemble and transmit meeting packets
• Maintain board correspondence, by-laws, and other pertinent board materials
• Take meeting minutes and act as liaison to the Secretary of the boards
• Communicate with members via mail, email, and phone
• Maintain accurate board member lists in various databases
• Maintain governance materials and organize the governance committees
• Set up meetings, including room preparation, ordering of catering, phone or teleconference calls and audio/visual communications resources as needed
• Coordinate annual Board of Directors Retreat
• Organize board orientations
• Adhere to all established office policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and electronic mediums
• Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, attention to detail, time-management, and planning skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and people with short and long-term deadlines
• Three to five years of administrative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess the ability to work well with a team, yet function independently
• Possess an entrepreneurial, strategic, energetic, and proactive demeanor while functioning in independent situations
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Occasionally that requirement may be higher.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times, is within safe OSHA decibel constraints.
In addition to office hours, this position may require work outside of the normal office atmosphere on a limited and seasonal basis when needed, including during the implementation and set-up for holiday promotions, events, and other projects as needed.
Salary range: $42,000 - $45,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Portland Business Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
PDF Version: PDF descrption available