Post Date: 07/14/2020
Close Date: 08/31/2020
Research & Evaluation Strategist
$19.17 - $20.82 per hour, depending on experience
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Do you like making an impact through activities with lenses of community and learner diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity? Then the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is looking for you to be the next Research and Evaluation Strategist! OMSI is seeking someone who will assist with the management of the Engagement Research and Advancement division by advancing division strategies, external and internal relationships, staff development, project development and project implementation. In addition, the Research and Evaluation Strategist designs, executes, and facilitates culturally-inclusive evaluation and research studies for exhibits, programs, museum initiatives, and associated proposals. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Manage engagement research, evaluation, and impacts activities with lenses of community and learner diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity.
• Assist with the management of the division by cultivating and advancing division strategies, relationships, staff development, proposal development, and project development.
• We are seeking applicants with advanced Spanish language proficiencies.
• Demonstrated understanding of participant research.
• Demonstrated experience advocating for the accessibility, inclusion and safety of educational experiences.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience maintaining research and evaluation integrity.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with techniques for facilitating and making decisions using evidence.
• Graduate degree in science or science education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 4 years of progressive program management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with the public, in formal and informal settings.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience developing informal learning experiences.
• Minimum 3 years’ of experience in museums or informal science education.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience leading staff for team based research projects.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
• Free OMSI annual membership.
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 25 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/460575.html.
Position closes when filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/460575.html