Post Date: 10/01/2020
Close Date: 12/01/2020
Operate Morrison residential program’s food services in a culturally specific, efficient, sanitary and cost-effective manner. Ensures that nutritious meals are prepared in accordance with U.S. Department of Agriculture nutritional guidelines, program contracts, and State licensing requirements. They also must establish procedures to accommodate dietary restrictions, food allergies, health issues, and religious or spiritual requirements. Incorporates menu recommendations from program staff and works closely with the programs to adjust menus based on client feedback
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Organize and assist in the preparation, serving of complete meals as specified by the approved menu.
• Assure that meals served will be satisfying in taste, are nutritionally balanced, and meet the cultural needs of the clients in care at the residential programs
• Learn cuisine from Central America and other countries to meet the needs of clients being served at the residential programs
• Travel between two sites as two programs are located in downtown Portland and two in southeast Portland
• Training, supervision, and scheduling of kitchen personnel including oral and written evaluations as required.
• Kitchen staff receives sufficient training and supervision for most effective operation.
• Maintain required records for state and local governments.
• Adhere to high standards of kitchen and equipment cleanliness.
• Oversee the safe use of kitchen equipment.
• Provide assistance to other staff as needed for menus and food preparation for special events.
• Menu planning and food preparation for special events are done in a timely and proper manner.
• Nutrition, health, and safety regulations are met, with improvements implemented as necessary.
The ideal candidate with have experience working in a commercial kitchen. They will be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. Since some of the children we serve are immigrant youth, an openness to create dishes the are culturally relevant is much appreciated and desired!
Schedule: Day shift, 40-hour work week.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position