Post Date: 07/15/2020
Close Date: 08/04/2020
Position: Career Readiness Coach
Department: University Career Center
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $42,000-$44,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA04-Fiscal Year 2020-2021
Number of Openings: 1
The University of Oregon recently adopted an exciting new definition of student success which specifically states that all graduates should be “career ready”. The University Career Center leads the effort to achieve this goal by serving as the gateway to exceptional career services at the UO, and we are looking for a committed, inclusive, and talented professional to join our team!
Located in the newly-constructed Tykeson Hall, the University Career Center empowers, prepares, and educates students not just for their first job, but for their lifelong process of career success. In conjunction with advising and career services partners across campus, the University Career Center assists UO students with facilitating self-exploration and discovery, securing internships and other career-related experiences, and connecting with potential employers.
Career Readiness Coaches support and guide students as they explore their personal and professional interests, acquire career readiness competencies, navigate career-relevant experiences, and implement career goals. Coaches interact with students through a variety of in-person and online settings, including but not limited to individual appointments or group sessions, and through the creation of educational materials that teach UO students about careers. In the course of their work, Coaches partner with their colleagues in the University Career Center, Tykeson Hall Advising, and across campus.
The University Career Center reports to the Division of Student Life, which supports the university’s academic mission through comprehensive programs and services that promote and advance student learning and success while fostering an inclusive and vibrant campus community. Student Life houses four departments, the University Career Center, Office of the Dean of Students, Erb Memorial Union, and Physical Education & Recreation, plus a number of key programs, including the Holden Center for Leadership and Community Engagement, Parent and Family Programs, major student events (Commencement, Homecoming, University Day), Student Government Engagement & Success, Student Conduct and Community Standards, and Support for Students in Crisis and Students of Concern.
Professionals in this position should love working with a diverse student population and have a passion to help students succeed in their career and personal ventures. We are excited about our commitment to career readiness and success and want you to be a part of it!
• Bachelor’s degree.
• One year of experience in career services, advising, recruiting, talent management, or similar setting.
• Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working with students, parents, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds in support of an inclusive and multiculturally competent environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the needs of college students and employers in today’s and tomorrow’s work environment, and how to prepare college graduates for lifelong career success.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and customer-service orientation.
• Technical aptitude and ability to navigate and utilize technology for program administration and service delivery.
• Master’s degree in counseling, student affairs, higher education, or a related field.
• At least two years’ experience in career services, advising, recruiting, talent management or similar setting.
• Career services experience in a higher education setting.
Application Review Begins
August 4, 2020; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
For complete details and application instructions, please visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/525506/career-readiness-coach