Post Date: 08/13/2020
Close Date: 09/30/2020
POSITION: Salesforce Developer
DEPARTMENT: Information Services
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness
The Salesforce Developer is a member of the Information Services team and provides administrative and development support for the university’s Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution. The developer works closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes. This position is responsible for all technical aspects of UWS Salesforce products, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications, AppExchange products, and custom code. This includes automating business processes creating reports and dashboards, and training users on Salesforce. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
• Serve as the primary system administrator for the Salesforce platform
• Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks
• Responsible for the planning, direction, and oversight of Salesforce for the university, integrations, data, and system changes.
• Perform upgrades, solution design, analysis, troubleshooting, testing, documentation, and support of document management, quality assurance, and user-facing applications and products.
• Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex and/or other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions.
• Work with student information system (SIS) analyst to maintain and monitor timely and accurate data flow between the Salesforce CRM and the university’s SIS.
• Facilitate training sessions with users, troubleshoot issues, and recommend solutions.
• Seek opportunities for automation and improvement of current processes resulting in efficiencies.
• Keep abreast of new features and functionality, providing recommendations for process improvement.
• Work with application vendors, information technology and information service team members, end-users, and other key stakeholders to schedule upgrades, enhancements, and security/regulatory patches.
• Work with other information service team members to maintain and monitor timely and accurate data flow between systems.
• Serve as a technical resource for application configuration and installation, application Tier 3 support, infrastructure maintenance, and problem determination and resolution.
• Use ticketing system to record, classify, and resolve client incidents.
• Provide leadership guidance and management oversight for critical incident resolutions and root cause analysis.
• Develop and maintain standard data processing operating procedures; regularly reviews SOPs for accuracy.
• Ensure full compliance with federal and state regulations, university policies and internal procedures, including HIPPA, FERPA, and PCI.
• Perform an annual audit of users, profiles, and security.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training • Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience. • N/A
Certifications & Licenses • Salesforce ADM201 certified • Salesforce Admin ADM211 certified
• Certified Salesforce Developer
• Certified Salesforce Administrator or Advanced Administrator
Experience • 2+ years’ experience as Salesforce Developer/Administrator role utilizing Apex, Lightening, and Visual Force • 2+ years’ experience as Salesforce Developer/Administrator utilizing Apex, Lightening, and Visual Force at college or university.
Related Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities • Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, process builder, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
• Understand and utilize automated software, system management tools, and web-based development solutions.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to create SOPs documentation.
• Knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, and HTML.
• Ability execute data quality assurance.
• Ability to set priorities based on value to the organization.
• Able to effectively implement and communicate changes to processes and systems.
• Strong interpersonal communication skill, especially working with non-technical clients. • Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications via real-time, batch, sync/async integration tools Awareness or knowledge of ITIL and ITSM governance concepts.
• Familiar with basic project management principles and practices.
Other Qualifications • Adaptable to changing responsibilities with the advancement of technological improvements.
• Ability to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends to respond to emergencies. • N/A
At the University’s discretion, exceptions may be made regarding education and experience prerequisites where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/
Click on the orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position