Post Date: 09/04/2020
Close Date: 10/04/2020
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
About the Role
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at CrowdStreet, you’ll be a key part of our team, collaborating on a scalable, next-generation platform. You’ll bring your passion for defining, implementing and shipping software that delivers high impact value to our customers. You care about writing clean and performant code and are comfortable working on front end or back end tasks. You’ll add features, help identify and resolve performance and scalability problems, and develop functionality that will enable investors to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track investment performance and chart returns.
- Build functionality to improve the investment experience for all CrowdStreet users
- Work closely with product management and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide accurate estimations
- Identify and resolve bugs and performance issues
- Pay down tech debt, and provide ongoing maintenance and support for the application
- Document new and existing code; share and communicate with others on the engineering team
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web applications
- 4+ years working experience in Java development or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with data Modeling and querying w/ SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQLite)
- 1+ years experience building REST API’s
- Experience working in an agile development environment with Scrum
- Amazon Web Services (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Knowledge of security best practices when building web applications
- Automated Testing (i.e., Cypress, Selenium)
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position